• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What FPS in BF4 1920x1080p average?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenjiBoi

Registered
I am upgrading my graphics card. Is there a better card for performance in the price range?

I7 4770k
16GB RAM
1TB HDD
250G SSD Samsung 850 EVO
MSI R9 290X Twin frozr
850W PSU

I dont see a point in upgrading honestly. :shrug:

You have a 290x and are playing at 1080p for pete's sake. There isn't a game out it can't handle in the first place! :thup:

I dont see a point in upgrading honestly. :shrug:

You have a 290x and are playing at 1080p for pete's sake. There isn't a game out it can't handle in the first place! :thup:
Agreed, you may get a few more FPS going to a GTX 980 but you would be better off just overclocking the R9 290x.

Basically, I want to upgrade my rig, at the moment I have:

i7 4770k
GTX 760
16GB RAM
600W PSU
1TB HDD
Gigabyte H87 HD3

What I want to upgrade for about £540 max is my graphics card, a SSD, a new case, and a cpu cooler and a new power supply if needed, what should I get?

I play a lot of BF4, Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher the usual, I play in 1920x1080p

So confused... I thought what you put in your first post was your system...Oye. Create a signature with your hardware my man! :)

So, I guess you have what is in the post above? For 1080p gaming I would grab a GTX 970, a 256gb ssd in the 850 evo. If your psu is good quality (what brand and model?), leave it alone.

As far as a case... Your choice there. I like my air 540...

So confused... I thought what you put in your first post was your system...Oye. Create a signature with your hardware my man! :)

So, I guess you have what is in the post above? For 1080p gaming I would grab a GTX 970, a 256gb ssd in the 850 evo. If your psu is good quality (what brand and model?), leave it alone.

As far as a case... Your choice there. I like my air 540...

Its a zalman psu, what gtx 970 would you grab and what about CPU cooling?

Last edited:
Zalman is meh, but fine.

I like the evga 970s, as well as the msi gaming and Asus strix. Choose your poison.

As far as the cooler, what do you already have? Have you tried to overclock already? If so, where are you at? It's helpful to give us needed information to help you the best!

I haven't gone into over clocking, I'd like to, is my mobo allows it, so you wouldnt change the PSU? And I have the dreaded stock Intel cooler haha

A hyper 212 evo will get you low to mid 4ghz... If you want to push further, perhaps an aio water cooler.

I wouldn't change the psu, no. It's not great, but it won't hurt anything and still has plenty of power to overclock your Intel cpu and any single video card.

Okay great, some Samsung ssd, 970 gigabyte or strix i m not sure, and evo cooler for 4ghz and PSU is fine, are you sure it'll manage everything that PSU?

Yep. You are getting a 150w card.. maybe 200w overclocked to the max without bios.mods. chip is 84w, no more than 150w... The rest maybe 100w... So, ye!

I'd imagine 60fps pretty consistently with most settings turned up

Cheers bud! What do you think I'll be getting on bf4?

Not to be rude, but there are literally thousands of benchmarks of pretty much every combo you can think of for bf4. Do some of your own research and help yourself come to your own conclusions.

Also, there are more cards than the gtx 970. Being in the UK, you don't get the same cost effectiveness we have over here for the 290's, but if you see one on sale or something, may be prudent to grab one.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/amd-radeon-r9-290/swf/jpg/bf4.jpg

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...,+GDDR5)+?productId=62704&source=pcpartpicker

vs

http://cdn.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gainwardgtx970_graphs_battfield1.png

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...+Card+++FREE+Witcher+3+Game!+?productId=62032

Back