• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what gives with the usable memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron6817

:confused:why bother with all the Ram if you can't use it all. I know it has to do with win7 32bit. But come on i have a fresh 8gigs of Gskills and only 3.5 is usable.:confused:

What can i do about that do i have to switch to 64bit.

Please help/explain:bang head:mad::bang head:mad::bang head:mad:

You know the problem.
You know the solution.

Windows 7 32Bit has a limit of ~4Gb RAM (Shared with video)
Windows 7 64Bit has a much MUCH higher limit.

Your license key works with either 32Bit or 64Bit - just source the 64Bit ISO (Digital River provides legitimate, legal ISO files) and install.

well i installed the 64bit version is this is what i have

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 54
I don't see a GPU listed on your sig, so can I assume you are using integrated graphics? If so, that is what is taking up some of your ram. If you have a discrete card, you should probably disable the iGPU and that may free up the "missing" amount.

I don't have any form of integrated graphics, and the system sees all 16 gigs of ram.

o ok makes since now,i dont game so i just use on board graphics. All i do really is music and video edit. I may pick up GPU so i can have three monitors.

Back