• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what good heatsink as good or better then sp-97 I can get that is actully on sale?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD4P4SwithFSB

what good heatsink as good or better then sp-97 I can get that is actully on sale?

been looking for SLK-947U and variants but can't find any store that sells them besides I heard sp97 still beats them so is there newer version that will work and are on sale?

I use an AC freezer 64 pro as well and it does a great job at cooling and its very quiet. Regular price is usually under $30. If you are lucky you can find one on sale and get it for low $20's.

The Scythe ninja is one of the top coolers. The Tuniq tower may be a tad better, but not so much that you would ever notice a difference.

The Scythe ninja is one of the top coolers. The Tuniq tower may be a tad better, but not so much that you would ever notice a difference.

Not trying to squash all the suggestions above, but from his query I think he's trying to cool a Socket A chip, and none of the coolers mentioned above will fit on a Socket A platform without extensive mods.

For socket A, I guess the SP-97 would be the reigning champ but they are hard to find nowadays. Second best would be the SI-97, the Scythe Katana (aluminium version) might also be a contender, it's not the best HSF out there for Socket A but it's cheap and quiet. Just remember to get the aluminium version, the full copper version doesn't give much differences in temps, maybe a degree or two, that and it costs a whole lot more.

Yuriman said:
The Big Typhoon will work on an Athlon XP 2500. A lot of the other heatsinks mentioned here will not actually fit.
is that one same to or better then the sp97 with its big heatpipes?

Back