• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What good multiplayer games should i get for my new rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

I purchased duke nukem forever and I am thinking about crysis 2. I like fps. Multiplayer is a must. im just waiting on my motherboard and would like to have a stockpile of games to test my new system.

Last edited:
Not necessarily awesomest looking stuff just fun:

Crysis
Far Cry 2
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Gears of War 1 and 2
Bioshock (not the second one)
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Starcraft 2
World in Conflict
Civilization 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Not necessarily awesomest looking stuff just fun:

Crysis
Far Cry 2
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Gears of War 1 and 2
Bioshock (not the second one)
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Starcraft 2
World in Conflict
Civilization 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
The ones i have are in bold.
I have no interest in gaames like civilization 4

If you like *scare*game there is :
fear 3
dead space 2
also :
crysis 2 (which is not that bad not hardware demanding like the first one)
dragon age 2 which is insane that will get every juice from your pc

If you like *scare*game there is :
fear 3
dead space 2
also :
crysis 2 (which is not that bad not hardware demanding like the first one)
dragon age 2 which is insane that will get every juice from your pc

regarding crysis 2 are the graphic not as good as the first or is the second one just better optimized?

im about an hour into crysis 2 so far and my impression is that its just optimized very well, because on max settings it pushes my gpu almost as hard as witcher 2 and graphics are great, i really dont know what people mean by "the second not as demanding as the first was" what its a bad thing that the game runs at 60flps on max settings on mid-high range cards and doesn't require GTX580 to run full speeds? its not like graphics quality was reduced to provide better performance, the game looks gorgeous i think its just optimized very well, and game like DA2 on the other hand looks a lot worse graphically but still runs like crap so, great job by crytek, and bioware needs to step up their games graphic wise, as good as mass effect series has been the weakest part are the graphics although second was much better than first, and dragon age isnt visual marvel either im especially upset with the second from performance vs visuals standpoint. i get about the same performance (around 55flps average) in witcher2 but it looks just unreal compared to DA2, in fact in my opinion second was only better then the first one in one category: combat, thats it, everything else i didnt like.

Homefront is a sweet game, would be a lot better if more people played it though :(
I play a lot of Black Ops, no complaint at all there other than the very seldom cheater.

Both games also run with noooo problems, crashes, crazy install error either on my rig.

im about an hour into crysis 2 so far and my impression is that its just optimized very well, because on max settings it pushes my gpu almost as hard as witcher 2 and graphics are great, i really dont know what people mean by "the second not as demanding as the first was" what its a bad thing that the game runs at 60flps on max settings on mid-high range cards and doesn't require GTX580 to run full speeds? its not like graphics quality was reduced to provide better performance, the game looks gorgeous i think its just optimized very well, and game like DA2 on the other hand looks a lot worse graphically but still runs like crap so, great job by crytek, and bioware needs to step up their games graphic wise, as good as mass effect series has been the weakest part are the graphics although second was much better than first, and dragon age isnt visual marvel either im especially upset with the second from performance vs visuals standpoint. i get about the same performance (around 55flps average) in witcher2 but it looks just unreal compared to DA2, in fact in my opinion second was only better then the first one in one category: combat, thats it, everything else i didnt like.

If you have an ATI card the witcher 2 will be a lot harder with the graphic than crysis 2 since its not well optimized for ati (It will come with new drivers) and for crysis 1 It actually take more power from your computer than the second one if you use the extreme graphic pack but crysis 2 is more optimized you will have stunning graphic with less hardware. Dragon age 2 is optimized for ATI so it really work better if you use an ATI card so you got better graphic than witcher 2 witch good FPS

If you have an ATI card the witcher 2 will be a lot harder with the graphic than crysis 2 since its not well optimized for ati (It will come with new drivers) and for crysis 1 It actually take more power from your computer than the second one if you use the extreme graphic pack but crysis 2 is more optimized you will have stunning graphic with less hardware. Dragon age 2 is optimized for ATI so it really work better if you use an ATI card so you got better graphic than witcher 2 witch good FPS

bad optimization is such a retarded thing to let happen. if only they spent more time on that, they may get better sales. gta 4 would have sold so much better if it ran better too.

Back