• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What headset should i choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reflex97

Registered
Right so i thought it was time for me to upgrade because my turtle beach X11's are a pile of garbage, so I thought I should get some new ones. If anyone would recommend any headsets within the £60-$90 range that a reliable, sound good and are comfortable it would be great. I also wear glasses so recommend some headsets ideal for wearing glasses with!:cool:

Hear are some i was interested in...
Plantronics Gamecom 780
Creative HS800 Fatal1ty
SteelSeries Siberia v2
STEELSERIES 5H v2

Just a note, most (not all) "gaming" headsets are generally pretty bad in terms of sound quality. A pair of good quality headphones and a separate mic is usually the better way to go.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad...guide-updated-1-11-13-astro-mixamp-2013-added

Last edited:
I would highly recommend the Steelseries Siberia V2 if you're looking for a gaming headset.
Not only is it a popular choice among various pro gamers I ordered a set for myself this christmas and it's the best choice i've made in a headset.
It's the most comfortable headset i've owned to date, the ear cups are large enough to fit round the biggest of ears and are well cushioned and the headband ensures it fits snugly to your head.
The sound quality is excellent and also provides good sound dampening from outside noises (like when the girlfriend has the tv on too loud in the background!) and the microphone output is crisp and clear.

Definite 5/5 for me, and I aslo wear glasses with it and have had no troubles :)

So i just found this SteelSeries Diablo III Headset, is this the same headset as the siberia v2? I think i will get this one, it matches my mouse mat aswell

One of my colleagues uses the SteelSeries Diablo headset and he's wearing it almost all day everyday so I guess it must be comfortable. Can't talk for sound quality but I asked him about it and he said it's pretty good. Not sure how his standards for sound quality are but at least he says they're comfy. :thup:

One of my colleagues uses the SteelSeries Diablo headset and he's wearing it almost all day everyday so I guess it must be comfortable. Can't talk for sound quality but I asked him about it and he said it's pretty good. Not sure how his standards for sound quality are but at least he says they're comfy. :thup:
Sounds good, but i just wanted to know if they were the same as the Siberia v2's!

Back