• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What HSF for Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I've got an Asus M4A79T Deluxe with a Phenom II X4 945. I've got the stock AMD HSF that came with it. I'm looking at upgrading to an aftermarket HSF but don't know what is a good one or one that will fit the board. All memory slots are full. I have been looking at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. Is this sufficient for overclocking and will it fit my board? I have also looked at the Cooler Master GeminII S524. I'm looking at coolers around $30-35 range so that's the reason for those 2 choices. If you know of something else around this price that would work, chime in.

The Hyper 212+ and EVO both fit your price range and should work ok. The fan mounts with plastic clips, which should allow offsetting it upwards a bit if your ram has tall heatspreaders for the first few ram slots. If you can go up to $43 delivered or so, the Thermalright True Spirit 120 is a very good choice also. It cools significantly better than the Hyper 212+ (haven't tested the EVO yet) and you can upgrade it to a push pull fan setup just like the Cooler Master sinks if you want to.

Back