• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What impact do you think this might have for AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I'd like to see AMD back in the ring as a legitimate contender. They're right there for some applications, but they still have that "for the money" thing hanging around their corporate neck. Intel may not think so, but it would be good for them, too. Ryzen has already pushed them to start trying to innovate again. If it weren't for Ryzen we'd be looking at two more years for 10 nm, which apparently will be more like 12+nm. The CPU market had been pretty dull for quite a while, but it looks like things are changing for the better. :clap:

Yep, WhitehawkEQ that's what I meant to say. Thanks for catching that. I'll edit it.

I'm happy to hear about the AMD thing. I knew that AMD spun off Global Foundries some time ago. If you recall, Intel raised a fuss about Global foundries using AMDs x86 license. Knowing that Global Foundries was a separate company, I knew that AMD could shop their fab around. I'm happy to know that they did.

Back