• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a Magnetic Air Filter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Neither the packaging nor the web site give any information about what this product actually does. They only post colorful pictures:

Attachments

• MagneticAirFilter.jpg
    MagneticAirFilter.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 144
Neither the packaging nor the web site give any information about what this product actually does. They only post colorful pictures:

I think I have some on one of my cases. They are simply a cheap "metal" air filter that has magnets that just let them "stick" to the case. Instead of pulling them out of place or unscrewing anything. They slide off, and can be plopped where ever.

OK so what are the benefits?

Easier to clean, is that all?

The benefits are that it sticks to metal to hold instead of screws or clips. It is easier to clean in that you do not have to mess with screws or clips to remove and clean.

It's a filter that goes over a filter.

Seems like the primary reason is that it takes care the cleaning the original filter, does it really make a measurable difference as far as actual 'filtering' is concerned, that's what I was asking.

Oh. So it does actually work, has anyone ever done any tests on these, I'm basically asking you if this is some kind of a glorified gimmick or if these things have a measurably large effect, it's not a stupid question :shrug: :D

No idea. I do not own one. I cannot see how dense the spacing is to even guess at how effective it will be. I just know that it attaches to metal grills with a magnet. I bet it is better than none?! :p

It's just like any other air filter, but uses magnets to attach to the case. Yes, air filters do work. The more fine the filter, the less dust can get through.

And where a case mfr has provided for exhaust only, with no provision for a filter, you can apply a filter.

Back