• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is Sabrent like for honoring their warranties.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I'm looking at getting a Sabrent M.2 SSD drive for my pc and I was wondering has anyone ever had to send an SSD back to Sabrent for replacement.

I have never owned anything by Sabrent and I was looking at going with a Samsung SSD but the problem with living in Canada is Samsung won't honor their warranties for their SSD's,I had a friend get me to order him one and it was a lemon and died after 2 years and it was a 5 year SSD.

I tried calling Samsung for him with all the different numbers I could find and they all said that this phone line doesn't handle the pc warranty stuff and no matter how hard you try you'll never get find the pc warranty department.

I know that pretty much all the M.2 SSD drives are rock solid as far as them lasting along time and not dying while in warranty but I'd just like peace of mind know if it fails I'm not going to get a run around.

@wade7575 - I haven't dealt with thier warranty. Though I'm sure you have it already, if not, go get it... chances are you'll be fine.

I just installed a Sabrent Gen 4 1TB m.2 a few weeks ago but I have never dealt with their warranty. I did register the product on their website, however. Don't know if that will make any difference should I need to invoke the warranty but it seemed like a smart thing to do. The performance of the drives lives up to the advertising, I can tell you that.

I tried calling Samsung for him with all the different numbers I could find and they all said that this phone line doesn't handle the pc warranty stuff and no matter how hard you try you'll never get find the pc warranty department.
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty with Samsung. I had an 850 EVO fail under warranty. It was one of those things where it would come up and work fine for a while and then just stop responding to SATA commands. This was handy as it allowed me to recover data from it before it was replaced. But I was concerned that their warranty department would put it in a hot swap bay and see that it was working.

My recollection is that the warranty was painless. I don't recall if they cross shipped but I had the replacement in hand in a reasonable time. Perhaps phoning them was not a good strategy. I'm pretty sure I used their web site (but can't recall the URL.) That was over 2 years ago.

Samsung are my favorite. I have 7 samsung m2 nvme ranging from 500gb to 1 Tb. Zero fail in the pass 5 yrs. I just bought another Samsung nvme 980 Pro 1tb to another new build.

Ive had to do an RMA on a Mushkin Vortex this week. 2TB nvme m.2 device pcie 4.0

The device setup and mounted on a debian system. I began transferring file to it. Setup as EXT4 file system.
Device dropped off before the file transfer finished. I spent 24 hours trying to recover the device.
Installed it in a windows system tried Diskpart and disk management and also a third party partion manager application
Tried Gparted live usb booting
With the device in the debian build i tried command line utilities parted, hdparm, fsdisk, nvme-cli
I was not able to create a partition table at all. GPT or MBR
The device was being detected in the BIOS and in the OS as 2GB only.

RMA'd it back to Newegg

Back