• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the average idle temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Ghz

Registered
so I'm finished with my new rig and i have a AMD FX 6300 and its OC'd to 4.1 GHz I'm getting idle temps of about 10 degrees on each core in core temp and 48 ish in full load

I'm using a best buy cooler in push pull so considering that id say its pretty good.

The temp sensors on FX processors are in-accurate at idle. Think about it, you couldn't be idling at 10c unless you were in a room that was at least that cold or using sub ambient cooling. Under load they are supposedly more accurate. What were you using to put the cpu under load, 48c is fine btw.

i was using the AMD overdrive software when it was testing the GHz for OCing

We suggest using Prime95 to test for stability, AMD overdrive isn't a good tool to test for overall stability.Download the following programs, Prime95, Cpu-z and Hwmonitor. Then open hwmonitor and run prime for 2 hours to test if your overclock is stable. If the cpu socket temp goes over 70 and the cores go over 60 stop the test. If you crash, bsod or freeze it's not stable. Post pics using the in forum attachment tool. Hwmonitor showing what the pc was doing under load and the following tabs in cpu-z, cpu,spd and memory.

We suggest using Prime95 to test for stability, AMD overdrive isn't a good tool to test for overall stability.Download the following programs, Prime95, Cpu-z and Hwmonitor. Then open hwmonitor and run prime for 2 hours to test if your overclock is stable. If the cpu socket temp goes over 70 and the cores go over 60 stop the test. If you crash, bsod or freeze it's not stable. Post pics using the in forum attachment tool. Hwmonitor showing what the pc was doing under load and the following tabs in cpu-z, cpu,spd and memory.

Good post! Informative and to the point. Well done!:thup::clap:

so i ran it for an hour and it was all stable (i'm gonna run it longer this weekend) and it was all stable i attached a txt. file of the results of HWmonitor i was getting 50 degrees full load CPU 30-40 GPU

Attachments

• HWMonitor.txt
    44.6 KB · Views: 56
so i ran it for an hour and it was all stable (i'm gonna run it longer this weekend) and it was all stable i attached a txt. file of the results of HWmonitor i was getting 50 degrees full load CPU 30-40 GPU
What we are looking to see is this.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 66
Click on go advanced in the reply box, you'll see a bunch of icons up top. The paper clip icon opens the attachment tool. Use windows snipping tool and capture an individual pic of each of those and upload then through the attachment tool.

Heres the rest

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 63
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 63
That's under load? 30 minutes or so? If so your temps look good.

You can also run Heaven benchmark (Google it) to stress your GPU also, and you can do both at the same time . Heaven AND Prime 95.

Repost your pics with both tests, then we'll know for sure.

As Conumdrum said, temps look good. Could you post a CPU-Z SPD pic, I'd like to see your Jedec profiles to see if your timings are straight.

Back