• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best ocing amd chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onkyo

Registered
ok i want to what is the best coing chip under $250, for amd if you are goign to say the xp mobiles i already have a 2500 is there anything better then the mobiles? please let me know . thanks guys for all your help.

spec info below if you need it .

which a64 would you reccommend? if possible could you add a link to it ?

and are the a64's ocable?

Athlon64's oc pretty well. A 2800+ runs at 1.8ghz, and you can usualy pull 2.4ghz out of them with good air cooling. Of course, the motherboards a pretty expensive right now, and because you can only raise the multiplier, not lower it, you have to have realy good ram to overclock anything under a 3200+ to the max.

would my nf7-s 2.o work for the a64 chips ? like the chip gautam has ? or would i need a whole new board?

ok figured that so which brings another whole new ? which the best ocing socket a chip lol.

so basically i need to find a good stepping for a 2500 or 2600 ? lol damn thought i could just buy a better chip lol.

ahhhhh so i should just find a 2600 then . thanks for the info , think the one at excaliber with the stepping of 352 would od any good and it is a iq not aq

Onkyo said:
so basically i need to find a good stepping for a 2500 or 2600 ? lol damn thought i could just buy a better chip lol.

You Have a good 2500 there at 2585Mhz. but you can do a search for some thread with results of dif. Steppings of the mobile 2400's , 2500's , and 2600's Good luck

I got a 2600 from excaliber and it does 2.5ghz with 1.65v. I wouldnt want your money though. Save up for a new A64 and board.

Back