• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best way to route

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I just ordered my new w/c system and im pretty much a noob at it, but i've learned a great deal in knowing what are good blocks, pumps, and rads and all. I want to know what would be the proper way to route the system to get better performance out of it. the following is the setup i will be running.

PolarFlo 1/2" Black TT Series
PolarFLO TT Series 1/2" VGA
Thermochill III
Panaflo 120x38mm Ultra High Speed
Tygon 3603 Tubing
Swiftech MCP650 Pump
Asetek WaterChill Anti Algae Fluid
Black Shrouds
Leakproof Y Fitting (cpu block)
Metal Hose Clamps from Home Depot
FrozenCPU UV Dye Red
Bay Res (for now)

I was thinking something like routing like this

Res to pump to rad to CPU to VGA to res. would that be a good setup? or it should be something different.

that would be good, but do whatever allows for the least amount of tubing, and the best bend situation. its generally reccomended to have the res right before the pump, but after that, just do it the easiest route possible

You could go with the Zerex racing coolant which is red, but Zerex is bad about clouding tubing. You might want to go with some of the orange GM dex-cool. It might work with red dye. All of the auto parts stores carry it.

I think my looking at your list that you are using all copper, in which case you can probably use about 10% coolant and be just fine. Some people will tell you even less, but I tend to err on the side of caution and would rather add a little more than not enough. You do a search on the forums and get more input as this is a recurring topic.

Back