• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the most you'd spend on a computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The most I'd ever spend on an entire computer system is $3,000 CDN ($2,000 USD). That is an entire system from scratch (no reused parts, etc).

However, I don't have that kind of cash laying around, so I make due with what I have.

Stay on-top of the tech curve. A GeForce 2 Ultra OC'd can still play today's games (so what if they are jaggy, at least I can still play!). :)

well that depends, are you including monitor and speakers? Excluding those two things, a $1000 for the computer itself is a good price, I would prob go as high as $1500, but thats me.

the last time I built a fully new system was a couple years ago, when I built an athlon 1ghz rig. since then I've upgraded parts one at a time, so my upgrades havent been really expensive. I also don't really see the need for a new rig for myself, my rig does everything flawlessly. the only thing I wish is that I never bought this graphics card, because trying to get it overclocked is almost pointless :(
If I was going to build a new system anyways, then I would say $1000 would be the max that I would spend, if I was older had a a real nice paying job, then I might spend more.

Back