• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the non OC temp on a d830?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What mobo are you using?

All 3 830's I have hit 260-270 at 1.425 or less (1 hits it at 1.4125).
1 of them is an ES and i have to run it with a 14 multi to get the same fsb as the others at 15.

If you can get your VC down a bit on your oc your temps will be even better.

I assume those are idle temps you posted?

In a closed cover case you will need lots of fresh air in, ideally right into the hsf on the side cover to keep your temps tolerable under load.

Loosen your mem timings and/or reduce the multiplier to 1:1 to see if you can get to 260-270. Thats as far as any of mine will go stable on air ... and i have tried them on p5ld2's, p5wd2, p5wd2-p and p5wd2-e. Same results on all those mobo's. They are all running now on p5ld2's (945 chipset) and i run presslers on the 975 mobos.

I think fishy hit 5 ghz on an 830 but cooling was with phase change or DI i believe.

Water cooling is a good choice for the DC's, but not essential. They tolerate 60's load temps just fine. Mine have been running 724 on air for about 6 mo's now.

I have the p5wd2. I returned the first one.
Those temps are not at idle but I'm not a gamer. I'm watching TV, Photoshop, downloads going on at the same time.

I have a 830D and my default setting in bios is 75c, 90c is smoke.
With stock heatsink idle at 55c to 58c.
Replaced heatsink with Big Typhonon
Idle is now 32c to 34c, with some artic silver 5
32c = 89.6f
hope this helps

mcennis4 said:
I have the p5wd2. I returned the first one.
Those temps are not at idle but I'm not a gamer. I'm watching TV, Photoshop, downloads going on at the same time.

For your usage, you don't need it maxed out on OC then and 250 is a nice OC :)

I fold on mine 724 , so I want the max stable folding OC to maximize my farm rigs output ... run them all caseless to make them easier to cool. Caseless lets me put a lot of them in a small space too ... but it sure is a warm room now even with lots of ventilation :D

Hopefully i will have them all watercooled for the summer using geothermal cooling :D

How hot can they get?
75c seems pretty hot to me, my old Pentium1 (old skool) even with almost 100% OC never got that hot.
maybe the two cores make it twice as hot?
whats the ambient temp, that can make a fairly big diff in my experience?

Back