• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kind of keyboards do u guys prefer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JigPu said:
If I were nicer to my hands, the obvious choice would be an old-school IBM keyboard. You know -- the ones that make the racket as you type :D Those keyboards > *
JigPu

Amen.

I miss those older OEM keyboards (Gateway, Dell, IBM). They didn't have the best feel, but they were just plain ****ing quiet. TONS quieter than my crappy Microsoft Internet Keyboard.

I'm a freak of nature. I can't even type properly anymore, if I'm not on my main keyboard.
4719_00.jpg

BTC 8120 BABY!!!

I use the Logitech Elite Keyboard. I have 3 of them and just love them. They are the best keyboard for typing i've ever used. Once you spill enough beer into them, they start to go downhill, hence the reason i own 3 of them ;)

Seen Here

10 dollar CompUSA generic. Absolutely no frills, very easy to disassemble and clean, going on 4 years old. Best purchase I've ever made from a retail store, by far.

I have a ms wireless comfort keybord and i love it. The only bad thing about it is that if you hold a key down too long (more than 12 sec) it turns off the key until you let off and push down agan to save the batteries. So it sucks for gaming, for example, driving the warthog in halo, where you hold down the key to make it go foward. You have to let off and push it down agan every so often. It was annoying at first, but I've gotten used to it now

CrystalMethod said:
I'm a freak of nature. I can't even type properly anymore, if I'm not on my main keyboard.
http://img.ferra.ru/catalog/img/items/4719_00.jpg[/IM]

BTC 8120 BABY!!![/QUOTE]

god i have one just like that except that its not split down the middle. it had about an inch if clean white plastic throughout the middle.
i don't use it because it doesn't have hebrew letters on the keys.

qe: i just plugged it in now (after dusting it off of course) and this thing is weird compared to my wireles noname one. maybe il try getting used to it...

Last edited:
I use a Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard. I can't use a standard keyboard anymore, due to my growing problem of carpal tunnel syndrome. This keyboard allows me to type for long periods of time with little to no fatigue or pain (so long as I'm sitting in the proper typing position).

This keyboard is nice and heavy, but not too heavy. It stays where I want it to stay, and moves if I need it to move. It has a hojillion buttons that I've remapped to lots of various things (my email program, my MP3 directory etc) and is very useful in that regard.

I highly recommend it.

I just replaced my Logitech Wireless Desktop (came with the old MX Duo) mouse with a Microsoft Optical Desktop.

I wish I could go back (and would if my Logitech keyboard wasn't broke). I don't like this Microsoft combo. The keyboard is alright, in fact it might be better then the Logitech keyboard as far as typing goes, but the mouse is crap. It doesn't seem to track as well as my Logitech did. Also the scroll wheel is way to easy to accidentally click into scroll mode.

I dunno, maybe I just need to get used to it and I shouldn't be complaining because I did get it for free. I guess what has me most disgusted with it is that I could not get it to work through USB on any computer I tried. It would only work using the PS/2 connectors (including the one that adapts from USB to PS/2). That seems kind of weird, like maybe it's damaged. I can't figure out why it won't work through USB, I don't see any switch or anything on the receiver.

I'm happy that I didn't spend any money on it.

EDIT: Yeah this Microsoft wireless optical mouse that came with the combo is garbage. It tracks horribly. Even with pointer precision turned on in the Mouse properties it still tracks like a dirty ball mouse. This could be the worst optical mouse I have ever used in my life.

Good job Microsoft :thup:, at least the keyboard is somewhat decent.

Last edited:
I have one of those fancy pants convertable keyboards, the Zboard or something.

But I never use it. The n key for some reason does NOT work, and I can't figure out why... So I use a Dell "Not-so-Quiet"key keyboard, I love those things. I like to be able to feel what I type!

Now, the keyboard of my Dreams is the Microsoft Natural keyboard. I love that thing. The opnly issue I have with it is I use my left finger to push the "y" key, and the "Y" key on the Microsoft Natural is on the right side... So I wind up typing "htperactive toung toddlers trt htpnotism!!"

one that type.....

i had an old microsoft one, then the mxduo wireless logitech one, now a G15, and they all good, i just like the LCD on the G15

I just looked at a G15 online for the first time, the backlight is pretty cool. I'll have to try one out in real life.

$12 MS Multimedia KB! Love it, nice feel and some added features... but i really dont use em... well the caculator button is nice...

My keyboard is some wireless BENQ thing with a BMW logo on it... it has lots of buttons that do things and was on sale, can't complain.
And the keys are laptop ones... and it works great with WMP, I press pause, it pauses, I press the email button, it opens up my browser and sends me to my email's logon page.

I just bought a Microsoft Curve 2000 keyboard, and I think its awesome. My grandma even bought one, after I showed it to her.

Back