• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What on earth kind of error is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mergedwarrior

I've begun to get the strangest monitor error that I've ever seen. I'm posting it here because I don't believe its a driver issue since I haven't loaded new drivers in 3~ months.

It's something I can't explain, so I'll show you. I get this picture intermittently at the bottom of my Acer P244W. It comes and goes as it pleases. The kicker is the transparency on Win 7's taskbar masks it a bit.

Sorry about the sizing.

Attachments

• Image09112011135556.jpg
    Image09112011135556.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 70
All your base are belong to us.

:p

Sorry haven't seen this one yet. What language is your monitor's settings? Might need to change them to engrish. Looks like it could be the monitor's built in display settings, not necessarily something windows/operating system driven.

I have the monitor set to English, if I try to change the brightness, etc. It comes up in English and in a menu of an entirely different style. It's the text looks Taiwanese/Chinese and it is an Acer after all. It some times does occasionally rotate to say "Default 1"

I'd send Acer a tech support request, it could be a warranty swap item since you're not doing anything to trigger it = defective.

Back