• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do, what to do...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

I'm trying to figure out how to get the best RAC out of this new setup. With 6 cores, do I crunch with all six and let my GT220 run by itself (about 55 min/wu), or do I crunch with 5 cores and use the 6th to support the GT220? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I reserve one CPU core to feed FERMI video cards that are crunching, watch the performance data in the Windows Task Manager to see that the reserved core is running at less than 95%.

Forgive my ignorance, but I noticed there are actually 3 different CUDA WUs coming in now? Lunatic's installer also puts three entries into the app_info config file now, as well. How should this really be broken down in the config file? Right now Luntic's installer has it with .04 procs dedicated to each type of Cuda. From what you're saying, I'm guessing it should be configured

5 cores on AP/MB
1 CUDA_FERMI
0.04 CUDA23
0.04 CUDA

What are the differences and does one type of cuda crunching yield higher RAC? If so, do I just remove the others from the app_info file to avoid dl'ing them?

Back