• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with this:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jacheatamobits

120v 60hz 350watt electric motor?:

DSCN0433.jpg

I salvaged it from a food processor, i think 350watts is about 1/2 HP?

I was thinking fan, but then I plugged it in and it nearly ripped itself out of my hand!

Its got 2 safety swithes, a rocker/toggle on/off switch and the motor is mounted on rubber bushings.

i might even find a battery, maybe build a circut board w/a pot and transformer.

ideas?

<<<
shifty eyes
>>>

mount a large airplane prop to it and VERY securely mount it to a desk, take case off of computer and overclock the cpu to see what kind of speed you can get with that kind of airflow

hehehehehe

reminds me of my old socket 7 ocing days, mounted an erector set 6v motor to a desk with an r/c plane prop to it, had it facing inside my system, connected it to the 12v dc power line, oc'd my p1 70 to 133, oh yea!

hehe, whatever you build, post it up.

Hmm....looks big. I'd say it's actually too big to put a fan on it for safety issues. Also, it looks very loud and expensive to run constantly. I'd say it would make a good "transforming" something or the other. You know what I mean? Have it lift your case, or open it....uh.... I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but be creative. You can think of something awesome to do with it.

Just definitely...NO fan....way too risky.

Haha yeah, if a fan came off of the shaft of that thing, I'd be concerned about partial dismemberment. Now if you could take the speed and gear it down to torque, that could be interesting.

Hook it up to a meat grinder and find some roadkill and freak out your friends
Make a bitchin tattoo gun that will take the skin off an elephant 0_o
Put it on a stick and turn it into a weedeater (rofl)
Convert it to a drill
Make a top-down blender (motor above, bowl below)
Just tell your mom "here hold this", hand it to her, and walk away like nothing is wrong
boat anchor
drag it behind a car

Ok I'm done lol

im scared of the fan idea

i dont need a drill, and a blender would defeat the purpose of yanking it in the first place lol

okay, 373watts=1/2 HP, and scooters have at least 1hp, so thats out...

i like the "transforming" idea.

i also have a Bimba pneumatic actuator

i need a belt driven air pump

it has a fan on the other end already, so i could run it full time if i wanted...

there isnt any EM interference that i can tell when its on. i think its built for speed more than HP. its got to be upwards of 9kRPM?

Back