• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of laptop do you perfer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What Type of Laptop Do You Prefer?

• Largest and most powerful laptop you can possibly find

Votes: 29 6.2%
  • 17" Gaming Machine

Votes: 62 13.3%
  • 17" Midrange

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • 17" Cheap low end

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 14-15" Multimedia Powerhouse

Votes: 113 24.3%
  • 14-15" Midrange

Votes: 91 19.6%
  • 14-15" Uber cheap low end (good battery life)

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • 12" Midrange

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • 12" Ultraportable

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • The smallest and most ultraportable laptop you can possibly find

Votes: 35 7.5%

• Total voters
I have an older P4 3.0GHZ HP laptop with a 15.4" screen. I originally bought it to go along with my desk top for gaming and such, but found it overheated to much. So I've just started using it as a internet/email/movie laptop for the time being (its got built in wireless and a DVD burner). HP had to replace the battery once under warranty and I have to get the power jack fixed on it at some point.

Dell XPS M1530
15.4" screen
Intel T9300 @ 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2-667
GeForce 8600M GT
320GB 5400rpm HDD
Vista Home Premium 32-bit

This is a fantastic laptop. Excellent performance and great looks. I use it for both college and travel, and it also happens to be better at gaming than my current desktop (though that is something I plan to change soon). My only gripe with it is that the larger 9-cell battery I got with it makes it difficult or impossible to fit into most sleeves with the battery attached.

I went with a 17" Inspiron 9400 about a year ago. I like the fact that you can upgrade even the video card to keep the gaming decent. GTA IV was the first program to break down the X1400 and have the computer asking for more. I am in the process of trying to decide on building a barebones+ setup or upgrading the video card. Unfortunately the aftermarket cards for laptops are about twice the $$$ for laptops i.e. GeForces.

12" ultraportable. Love my X61s. Good battery life with the 8 cell, fast enough for Photoshop, can watch 720p content, and pretty light (3.5lb). I'm done lugging around all the extra weight for no good reason.

I'm all about the ultraportables. I'll leave the power hungry applications for my desktop since hauling around a 10lb. machine with only 2 hours of battery life is asinine.

I feel left out. we should not call them lap tops anymore. Its not very P.C "politically correct" I am fat and dont have a lap, maybe we should call it a bellytop or a knee top
anyway I prefer th 15" multi power house

Back