• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would YOU like to see in a watercooling case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fyberwire said:
It was an idea put out there just for the sake of having it, it doesn't really serve a purpose, like the LEDs they put on ram sticks nowadays.

Anyway... I had another idea while admiring UberBlue's work on his Dual core 4 blower hack mod from hell creation.

How about mounting a big radiator (At least a dual 120mm) on the top of your case, strapping a gigantic blower to it, and then running tubes from the inlets on the blower to the front and back of the case where they would be integrated into meshed/stealthed intakes. This would also create an optimal point for installation of a dust filter, since you would never have to clean your radiator our if you did it that way.
i think the leds on ram are a great feature. it really tells me whats going on by just looking at the ram.
on boot i can tell if its jammed or struggling, at idle i can see if im folding without opening anything.

Ok How about.

Put some Hydrolics on the Case Feet.
Get a Second PSU
Pelt it
After your heatercore duct it with a 120mm foan blowing out.
Pit your t-line in one of the case feet so that you turn it updide down and everything fills up. this would require mounting everything with screws.
make a hydrolic from door.
Add Remote COntrol to the hydrolics and Make it bump up and down and the door oppening and closing.
if that case is goona have a door in from make that hydrolic and clear.
etch a pimp drawing.
Att some CCFL to make it look good.
Add a fan to the back of the mobo tray.
put a small fog machine inside with some green ccfl's and hook those up to the remote.
Probally a 3rd PSU will be in order.

These are just some fun suggestions and i was bored out of my mind so i typed them.

mils128 said:
Ok How about.

Put some Hydrolics on the Case Feet.
Get a Second PSU
Pelt it
After your heatercore duct it with a 120mm foan blowing out.
Pit your t-line in one of the case feet so that you turn it updide down and everything fills up. this would require mounting everything with screws.
make a hydrolic from door.
Add Remote COntrol to the hydrolics and Make it bump up and down and the door oppening and closing.
if that case is goona have a door in from make that hydrolic and clear.
etch a pimp drawing.
Att some CCFL to make it look good.
Add a fan to the back of the mobo tray.
put a small fog machine inside with some green ccfl's and hook those up to the remote.
Probally a 3rd PSU will be in order.

These are just some fun suggestions and i was bored out of my mind so i typed them.

hah, that one is JUST GREAT....

no

Well you said no blower this time around, if there is a blower in there then i can forgive you.

Hehe, hey I didnt say go microatx like me......

Just dont like that MUCH dead space above the psu.

Why don't you custom fab one? That way you can change the airflow patterns and route tubing as you see fit. Plus you can shape it into anything you want it to look like, like a fetus. The umbie could be your T-line and cap.

greenman100, I love this thread. Maybe you can solve the "technical dilemmas" concerning a design I have yet to dive into. What follows is something I've dreamt of for a long time.

Use a huge core, mounted flush to the bottom of the case (with appropriate cut-out). Possibly make more space for a carbeurator filter or other dust-catcher at the lowest point. Three 120mm fans mounted above the core (shrouded to core and intake grate) provide all air for the case. Case is held up off the floor by 4-6 clear standoffs (lighted), with the bottoms planted on a thick floor plate. Water pump sits behind the core, at same level, possibly incorporated into the fan-rad-shroud for neatness. Baffle the water pump compartment if you do this, and provide top and back holes for air movement (down and back) around the pump. Part of the idea is to keep the only fans buried inside the case and soft-mounted (neoprene or something) for noise control. Existing rear holes plus a hole or two in the top round out the air-flow.

The second part is to get a hobbiest's USB interface and driver so that you can control the fans and lights via software, and even provide a software controlled, instant-power-chop (makes ShutDownNow look like a sissy) for critical control. This requires you to code a service to handle it. Leak detectors can be hardwired into the power chop circuit. How's your electronics savy?

While you're at it, mount a 5.1 channel car-stereo amp for serious FP-shooter thumpage.

The rest is pretty standard fare: Brushed aluminum appearance, windows, blue cathodes (particularly under neith), hidden cables, blue or red coolant, fan-bus, soft-mounted drives. A lighted clear-plastic carrying handle might rock. Try a tasteful etching on the window.

I figured it out Greeny. Do a multi-core system where you have the entire case air-tight and use negative pressure provided by exhaust fans to pull air through the cores mounted on the bottem/front of the case.. Say... three 120's on the top of the case along with any other exhaust fan mounts/psu, ect.

I got the case and am startng work on it. Here's what I have in mind:

Move the PSU to the bottom front

Get two 1" thick heatercores (yes, they exist) and mount one at the top of the case, and the other right above the motherboard. Make one heatercore exhaust on the backside of the motherboard to cool the back of the motherboard, the other heatercore exhausts near the hard drives, not sure how that will work.

I will take pictures once I start, and put up a worklog.

I'm thinking black exterior, white interior.

Nice, nice. I like the Idea of one blowing behind the mobo. This will be different and definately enjoyable. Why not go all out, chrome ext and powdercoat interior or vise versa?

Back