• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good and Quiet hsf for a Amd athlon xp 1900+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Ok for myself I might be going with watercooling, but for the others who I build pc's for they just dont want to deal with it, but currently other than wcin I haven't been able to find a good and quiet solution. All the hsf ive seen and tried all seem to be loud. I would be cooling an Amd Athlon Xp 1900+ not oced. I need a hsf that is quiet (so it could be ran while actualy being able to talk in the same room ;) ) and one that cools the cpu good too. Thanks! and I hope ya all can help me on this one.

you can always get a standard 60mm hs and use a 60 to 80mm adaptor.that is what i plan on doing .this delta's really getting old.

The Thermalright AX-7 with a 50 cfm Sunon fan runs pretty quiet. That's what I have on my second comp. You could probably get a lower cfm fan for it and it will still cool it well at stock speeds.

For a non-overclocked XP 1900+ just use a cheap Coolermaster hsf. They are quiet and if the cpu isn't being overclocked who cares about temps? BTW, a Sunon 50 cfm might be too loud for normal people.;)

I just got an AX-7 heatsing with this Sunon Fan -

Voltage VDC : 12V
Current AMP : 0.18
Input Watts : 2.1
Speed RPM : 3900
AirFlow CFM : 39
Pressure Inch-H2O : 0.17
Noise dBA : 32
Weight(g) : 92.5

the stats might be off by a few numbers :rolleyes:

Its quiet compaired to the crappy 7000rpm volcano 6cu+ and it cools much better. I have no case fans in my mATX case and the cpu is around 55C full load and the mainboard is about 40-42C full load. I am not using artic silver, i am just using the basic thermal paste that came with the AX-7

xbiker321 said:
I just got an AX-7 heatsing with this Sunon Fan -

Voltage VDC : 12V
Current AMP : 0.18
Input Watts : 2.1
Speed RPM : 3900
AirFlow CFM : 39
Pressure Inch-H2O : 0.17
Noise dBA : 32
Weight(g) : 92.5

the stats might be off by a few numbers :rolleyes:

Its quiet compaired to the crappy 7000rpm volcano 6cu+ and it cools much better. I have no case fans in my mATX case and the cpu is around 55C full load and the mainboard is about 40-42C full load.

Those are very high temps, is it overclocked? With 1 or 2 case fans your cpu temps would go down a lot.

I have 0 case fans and i have a small mATX case so there isnt much airflow, when i had the volcano 6cu+ the temps were about 5C higher. It is not overclocked

some artic silver 3 will really help, and its like what 4 bucks so just go for it, the thermal paste or thermal pads that they give you with heatsinks are not good.

It sounds very complicated to put the artic silver 3 on and remove the thermal paste that i already have on the cpu core. I dont want to mess up my brand new amd xp 2000+:mad:

well you put the thermal paste on once already, it shouldnt be complicated for you, all you gotta do is remove the heatsink and clean the old crap off with isopropyl alcohol. then reapply AS3. its worth it, your temps are pretty bad.

yea well the coolermaster's ive tried for Xp's are desently loud.. ah my good old Athlon 950 runs at 33 C under load and has a very quiet coolermaster on it.. damn Xps running so hot. Thanks for ur replies so far.. anyone got any more sugestions?

the same, alcohol. just try to be careful dont spread the paste around everywhere, that makes it all the more hard. btw, i warn you, the first time i messed with my heatsink, i screwed up and burned my processor.... it can and does happen! just make sure you are familiar with everything you need to do. to get the heatsink off, gently press down on the clip of the heatsink with a screwdriver and it will pop off, if you are unsure, put a piece of rubber or a rag underneath the cpu incase your screwdriver slips...dont want to hurt the motherboard(hunk from an old bike tube works great). clean the heatsink and cpu with the alcohol. then apply a very small dab of the artic silver 3 on the core of the cpu and spread it paper thin with a credit card. then gently lay the heatsink down, clip one side, then clip the other with a screwdriver if need be.

sorry if you know all that already, but its not good to fry a cpu, you know? good luck

thanks for posting that tadbit about how to remove the old thermal paste stuff cause when I switch over to watercooling ill have to be doing that and that little guide you posted their should help ensure my sucess! :)

Back