• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats best NEED HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@ndy

Registered
I dont know which to pick

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
or
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB

They are fairly equal but whats does best on cod series and l4d my processor will either be AMD Athlon II X4 640 AM3 or AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Both quite capable cpu's i think for my budget

WHY THE BIG FONT?

They are both very similar in performance. Some games the 5770 pulls ahead, other games the 450 pulls it out. It's really a toss up in my opinion. Looks like the 450 runs a little warmer, power consumption is about the same.

If your thinking about adding another one someday for X-Fire or SLI then your motherboard will probably be the deciding factor. That or what you can get the best deal on.

WHY THE BIG FONT?

They are both very similar in performance. Some games the 5770 pulls ahead, other games the 450 pulls it out. It's really a toss up in my opinion. Looks like the 450 runs a little warmer, power consumption is about the same.

If your thinking about adding another one someday for X-Fire or SLI then your motherboard will probably be the deciding factor. That or what you can get the best deal on.

Yeah i tried looking at game tests and it varies from game to game i think the 5770 comes out better on any cod if you could check that i would love you and if 5770 runs cooler ill pay the extra for that :)

From what I recall COD games have historically favored ATi cards.

From what I recall COD games have historically favored ATi cards.

I just looked at one review site where if favoured the gts 450 for power and temperature but the 5770 gives a bit better fps I think really any one would suit my use what monitor size would u recommend for these cards.

Size doesn't matter to the GPU at all, only resolution.

Ahhh but a low res on a big screen will look worse than a small size screen correct? Im thinking 20 inch as ill be near the screen dont want to go blind staring at a huge screen lol

Correct.

I have a 22" 1680x1050, i can juuust baaaarely sort of see the pixels if i really try hard. I wouldn't want a larger screen at this res.

Back