• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Didn't your motherboard come with like 6 Stata cables??

I dont know. Cant check it out since im at work. Im pretty sure i got one or two somewhere but wasnt sure so. This one is only 4bucks and its arriving the same day order.

So im going to install os on this evo. But can i partition it to where i get like 150gb for os (drive c) and rest for drive D untill i get the m.2 and i just add that m.2 to whatever i have on D drive?
Let me make it simple
Im going to have evo 850 256gb and m.2 1tb
Can i do this:
Evo = 150gb for drive C (OS)
100gb for drive D
And ince i get the m.2 1tb, i add the entire 1Tb to drive D?

^I don't think you can virtualise 1 partition on 2 different physical drives (the evo and the M.2).

Edit: but I su.k in terms of storage knowledge, lol! So I can be wrong.

^I don't think you can virtualise 1 partition on 2 different physical drives (the evo and the M.2).

Edit: but I su.k in terms of storage knowledge, lol! So I can be wrong.

But i think u r right. I guess worst case scenario is i will delete the partition for D drive and added back to drive C once i get the m.2. But im not sure if this is possible

^Yes it is.

And there are some freeware that allow to move installed software from a partition to another, like this you won't have to reinstall what already is.

^Yes it is.

And there are some freeware that allow to move installed software from a partition to another, like this you won't have to reinstall what already is.

If u dont mind i will ask you about this later on when i get to it

Question

When im draining the system should i blow air in the highest part of the loop while i have thr valve and air hole open on the top of the pump?

If you dont mind i will ask you later for more information about that.

You can if you like, just remember you might have a mess when you spray everything, lol. I usually attach a piece of tubing to the highest and blow air into the system to be sure all the water is out, but not too much that I make a mess ;)

I'm not gonna lie, I got to give credit to Amazon for this. Placed my order today at 10 am, Item arrived same day at 6:00pm. FREE SHIP!
Now what is going to stop me from starting this beast tonight ! :attn:

20170128_181555.jpg

Nice. And yes you can partition ssd's. I had a 480gb Sandisc Extreme Pro I had 200gb for Windows Drive C and the rest for Drive D, that I kept all my school stuff, music and a couple movies and a game or two on. I always do that if I have one drive that way if Drive C gets infected I can wipe it.......reinstall......and not lose the important stuff on drive D. Especially my school stuff. These days tho usb 3.0 flash drives are so cheap it's not an issue. I got four different 32gb 3.0 flash drives over the Holidays with Frys promo code for 5 bucks each, but 12-24 months I always partitioned.

1. If you do any changes to the loop, you need to run a leak test. Maybe not a full 24 hour one but at least 12 hours to be confident about it.

2. When draining, just let gravity takes its course while tilting the rig here and there at times. Even if you have some liquid in the bottom compartments, it shouldn't be an issue as long as that area stays closed while refilling it. That's assuming you're using typical clear fluids.

2. Just have the EVO as your OS drive and your M.2 as your programs/game/storage drive.

So I decided to upgrade the stock fans on the case (2 intakes and 1 exhaust) to aftermarket ones. But its not going to be today. Maybe in 2-3 weeks or so. I dont need them really but just for the look of it to be honest.

So just for that I'm not going to Drain and Re do the tubes. its going to be when i get the fans.

SSD installed, Cables are done. About to fire it up in 30mins or so, Got to start the party first (its 4:20 somewhere) lol

I will post some updates:clap:

Windows and drivers are one. but now i cant get to install the GPU driver that i downloaded from Nvidia. i tried to install it via nvidia experience but failed, error is "This Nvidia graphic driver is not compatible with this version of windows"
maybe i should install win updates first..?

did you download the correct version?

of course lol
do i have to install the win updates first u think? monitor is connected via display port directly to gpu so i believe they are reading each others or i dont know

The only time I have seen that particular message was if i downloaded the wrong version of the driver. either Win10 for a win7 system or a 32bit driver for a 64 bit system. The type of display hooked up should not matter.

well thats not the case since i got win 10 pro and tried both 32 and 64 gpu driver for 1070
currently installing win updates. never seen it this fast, its insane

There was a big stink about a recent driver released from Nvidia. That might be the reason you can't download the driver. Just grab a "legacy driver" from a few weeks to a few months prior.

Source

There was a big stink about a recent driver released from Nvidia. That might be the reason you can't download the driver. Just grab a "legacy driver" from a few weeks to a few months prior.

Source

you are right. I totally forgot about that. But i got it fixed:clap::clap::clap:. i had to update the windows first lol. at this very moment its installing the gpu driver. after this should i do any type of test before i try to overclock the cpu or maybe i should just wait till tomorrow to refresh my own brain and get some fifa instead ?

I would hold off on OCing for at least a week and let everything settle in while keeping an eye on the rig.

I would hold off on OCing for at least a week and let everything settle in while keeping an eye on the rig.

System is running smooth. havent done anything crazy, a simple gpu overclock. was stable at 2113mhz on a 4k ultra benchmark. temp 37C max. I think i should just give it a easy test on cpu. if stable on 4.8 i might give it a try at 5.0 to test mine out.. whats the worst scenario? will reset it to default

Back