• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's Intels next move?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slack

I'm wanting to build a new intel system soon, after the bad move over to AMD (oops) but I'm not overly sold on the dual core stuff out at the moment.

Anyone know of Intels plans for new releases?

Cheers

^^^

Like he said.

And some early "unofficial" info leaks allude to the 65nM process allowing for several hundred MHz increases in OC for both single & dual core, along with cooler running temps.

However, like all pre-NDA leaks: Caveat Emptor! :shrug:

Strat

There is lots going on. I guess you are back because like alot of folks you have seen first hand that there is much hype here regarding AMD CPU's.

Well, you're in luck! Intel is fixing to release Pressler/Cedar Mill and Conroe will be coming out late 06.

If you need a system right away the 6xx CPU's are the way to go coupled with a 955x board. The P5WD boards are THE board to have.

The dual cores are great CPU's, and it's the way of the future. So don't count them out.

In the near future, the 975x couple with a Pressler/Cedar Mill will be the cutting edge.

After near future time frame, we'll be looking at Conroe which will be brand new architechture. It *may* (key word ***may***) require a different chipset, or we may be able to get by with a driver update. The confusion on the chipset was raised recently on other websites, and there was discussion about this here.

Do seaches for all this stuff, and you will get lots of more detailed info on each of these new CPU's and what each will offer. There are mnay links to Anantech and other reputable sites in those threads that will give more detailed info.

Nice. Cheers guys.

The question is can I wait for Conroe? Or will I chop in my Nvidia 7800 gtx and AMD Venice for a Intel / ATI 1800 xt combo???!!!???

I think if you can hold on go ahead and wait for the new chips. But remember this, there is always something new coming out. Also keep in mind when these new chips come out they will most likely be fairly expensive.

Back