• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best software to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I was looking to download some software to monitor both the CPU and GPU temperatures on my Dell 7577 laptop. I've been running everything on ultra settings without much of a problem and the cooling setup on this laptop is pretty great, especially with my cooling pad. I'm just curious how hot it gets when I'm at my max loads.

I like Hwinfo64 because you can monitor everything and log all of the values.

I also recommend ThrottleStop to undervolt your CPU as you can knock 10C off those max load temps with relative ease.

If you want to monitor while playing full screen games, MSI afterburner has an On Screen Display (OSD) that will display temps (and plenty of other stuff if you like) while you're in a full screen game.

Thanks guys. I tried all three of these. I don't think HWmonitor or HWinfo has an On Screen Display while playing games, but they're more detailed than the MSI app. I'm still doing some testing. I will see what my readings are later on when playing Apex legends.

Back