• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the next best thing to distilled water+biocide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxypad

I completed my very custom loop and I was a good boy! I didn't get too fancy and stuck with distilled water +biocide. Being that it was my first loop, I made some mistakes and had to drain the loops a couple of times before I got it to its final form. That being said, it was really easy to drain.

Now that I'm bored looking at this clear liquid and don't have an issue draining my system every month. What is the next best thing to distilled water+biocide if I want to add some color and bedazzle my loop what fluid would you all recommend? I'm looking at either white or red as I'll probably upgrade my MB to white one with customer GPU backplate.

Attachments

• IMG_216399.jpg
    IMG_216399.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 196
First off really nice build! Second we advise against colored fluids/dyes because it will break down and gunk up the system. A member here just went thru something similar:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/791330-Bacterial-growth-Is-this-bacteria-growing

This is just one example of what happens when you use colored fluids/dyes in your loop. The net is full of horror stories you can find.

If you want color, you can go with colored tubing. The best fluid for watercooling is distilled water & biocide which you already have. You can also add some RGB lighting as well.

Thanks for the super fast response. I read a lot of the horror stories, I assumed that's because people aren't flushing the system out on a monthly basis. Maybe I'll just have to wait for company to come out with a long term solution.

I had a hard time finding colored PETG 12mm tubing. Has anyone been able to find some?

Back