• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the technical name of this part I'm trying to find.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

I want to be able to power my wife's laptop through the cigarette lighter outlet for the long trips we have to take to see my relatives and the battery just won't hold out the entire way. :burn:!!

Make sure you get some of the external brick ones, not just that plug in bulb shaped one otherwise you could run into problems on full load for both the inverter, your laptop, or even worse your car with a fire!

I've used a 400w model I picked up from biglots for 10.99 works great. even powered a 27" dvd/tv combo while out of town. Powers the laptop just fine as well as charging any type of small electronics battery use.

I've used a 400w model I picked up from biglots for 10.99 works great. even powered a 27" dvd/tv combo while out of town. Powers the laptop just fine as well as charging any type of small electronics battery use.

Eh?! A cigarette lighter can supply 30A?! Sounds very dangerous to me.

Back