• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's this old HW worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xantom

I am thinking it's time to build a new gaming machine. Just curious what I could sell my old hardware for?

EVGA X58 Classified
Intel i7-970
Crucial Ballistix 12GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB x 2

$500ish?

Id rock that platform today as well but with one gpu, not two. Chances are, especially with a titan setup, there is performance being left on the table.

I hear you guys. My issue is that this motherboard has that crappy Marvel controller so I can't get the full potential out of my SSD. I would have to dig up my bench tests but it was about 60% of what I should been getting. I run a 30" Dell Ultra sharp @ 2560 x 1600 as well. If I keep this setup I would at least unload the GPU's and get a single card, to start with. Thoughts? Maybe I am just dwelling on my disappointment with S3 speeds.

Not sure how I would have missed that, but it's not out of the question. I looked into hardware solutions too, but it looked like the overhead was going to nullify any potential gains.

Back