• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speedtest shows the wrong upload speed, really it's 10mbit

Except for Comcast, because of PowerBoost, (and the like)
this only occurs with POTS (dial-up) internet service.

With 56K dial-up, it usually shows a 200+ Kbps upload:

56K Speedtest in November, 2006:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4815235&postcount=34

56K Speedtest in December, 2006:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4842546&postcount=79

It appears that 56K's V.92 and possibly V.90 compression, is the cause.

Last edited:
2001183471.png
2001197658.png
I pay for 100mb down 5mb up.

If I do a test at uni I get 100mb both up and down, its bottle necked by the 100mb network card.

I just checked the price on Verizon's site. $210 a month for that 300/65 plan, $205 if you get a 2 year contract. :eek:

They do have a 150/65 plan for half the price though, which considering how much current pricing plans are for all in one deals from cable companies, actually isn't that bad.

I just checked the price on Verizon's site. $210 a month for that 300/65 plan, $205 if you get a 2 year contract. :eek:

They do have a 150/65 plan for half the price though, which considering how much current pricing plans are for all in one deals from cable companies, actually isn't that bad.

yeah i just upgraded from the 150/65 plan

What the heck do you need that for? $200 for intewebz...... :rofl: Ballin!

I may jump to the 150/65 plan once I ditch cable... but ditching cable makes my 1080p TV's practically useless. :rofl:

What the heck do you need that for? $200 for intewebz...... :rofl: Ballin!

I may jump to the 150/65 plan once I ditch cable... but ditching cable makes my 1080p TV's practically useless. :rofl:

need? what's need ever got to do with geek stuff ;)

2022144265.png

BrightHouse in Clearwater here.

$75 a month I think the wife said, she does the billing :p And did this test while she was running her desktop on wifi in the other room, does what it's stated to do I guess :)

I do like that upload rate, but no FIOS in my area atm.

:beer:

Last edited:
I was getting 120Mbps from ORIGIN servers tonight (2GB update in about 3 minutes), and about 110Mbps from Steam....a bit faster than before so I had to test again....speedtest servers over here are not scoring as high, but I prefer real world performance anyhow :D

2073924792.png

This faster service was "free and transparent to me"....still paying about $70 per month.

BTW - the server I tested against is bout 500 miles away in Tokyo, some glitch in their website shows me in Europe :confused:

Back