• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine is only around 15mb/s download and 1mb/s upload. Not sure what I am supposed to get or what my internet service provider gives me, anyway to find out?

Usually a service provider tells you what kind of connection you are subscribing to when they sell the service...

Usually a service provider tells you what kind of connection you are subscribing to when they sell the service...

An important thing to think about when paying for internet service is that the advertised speed is an "up too" speed (the maximum allowable speed), you will rarely if ever see anything close to this speed unless you are doing p2p because public servers (banks, shopping sites, etc) limit your bandwidth to their servers or they are busy. p2p does not have these limitations but most p2p usage is not allowed to be talked about on this site; I only bring it up because there are legal uses for it, and it explains the issue. If you are having slow internet issues it may not be your speed, other aspects limit speed such as distance, server population, etc. I have 30+ mbps DL speed but I have only seen that usage once or twice.

Just something to think about before laying down a small fortune on internet service.

I think it's funny, that speed test.net gives me 41.04/53.03 mbps but verizon gives me
95.04/74.22 mbps. I got the new quantum package, but i wonder if i'm just getting screwed.

2137079942.png

verizon.png

P.S. i just ran speedtest a few more times, and was getting 1/4 mbps .... thats 1mbps / 4 mbps ...i think speedtest might be borked.

Last edited:
well this is testing from work, but it would be alot faster if my network card in my laptop wasn't 100mbps

Also, the upload can be way better, I think our connection is something like 160Gbps

2137338061.png

My Speed on BT UK.

Guy's we will give this a try here.:chair:

Attachments

• 2128696396.png
    2128696396.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 85
Big Question: Can we restict the posts of speeds to what is achieved at home Guy's, not in the OFFICE, so as to give others a chance to take part?

Last edited:
Back