• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When testing ram on overclocked system..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

I have some new ram coming soon and would like to test it using prime955 blend for 24 hours like i always do, but here's my dilemma. I have cpu overclocked and it was passed as stable with my current ram. Can I drop my cpu multiplier when I test new ram so that I don't torture the cpu again?

I'm thinking of only tweaking NB frequency and ram speeds/timings, do I still have to keep my CPU overclocked during those tests or I can just dual her down and still get reliable test? Thank you

Rig is in my sig.

Ps- if you know bettr ways to isolate the test to only ram and NB, please share.

Well... you would evetually want to test both at the same time, so, i dont see a point in isolating anything at this point as you know the cpu is stable. But blend doesnt stress the cpu as much as small fft anyway.

I dont understand what the wprry is about testing the cpu again..

Forgot to reply, I guess I didn't want to torture it knowing it's stable anyways. Wanted,to go easy on it while I'm checking ram..

Anyways, I think I'm done testing...tired of it. She's running fine as is.

Back