• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where and what kind of reservoir?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

This is the build. It's going to be PETG.

DSCN0903.JPG

Nothing can fit where the res holder goes since the GPU is in the way.
I can use a single bay res, but that "may" kill all three 5 1/4 bays unless I use 90 degree angles on the rad. I'd like to put a Blu Ray burner in one slot.
Within the hard drive bay, you can install a pump holder, but that will kill all of the bays, even if it is a small res. There are two hard drive holders with grooves. The bottom one slides on where the pump holder would go and the top one slides on the top of the bottom one. That leaves no place for the hard drive.
The bottom is out because the PSU shroud goes up to the bottom of the board and extending to the from about half way where the bottom fan is.
I was thinking about something horizontally on top of the PSU shroud, but that leaves the PSU out of touch for adding more cables, etc.

They call this (Ethoos Luxe) a full tower.... more like a mid tower. I'm like totally stuck deciding....help?

I eliminated the HDD bays in my Luxe and mounted my HDD in on of the 5.25 bays with an adapter.

I never was a fan of these Primo cases using old case designs. Most cases have gone modular without that long support arm to the right. I feel it just gets in the way for customization.

Few things come to mind.

- Flip the PSU so its fan is facing the bottom of the case. Assuming and hoping it's open down there as it will give you a bit extra protection for the PSU in case there's ever a leak and it grabs fresh cooler air.

- Don't use the PSU shroud as you might want to position a res/pump combo sitting right above that bottom fan. I think that's the best place I would put it with the pump to fan bracket to keep it in place.

- The reservoir cylinder size is all based on if you'll ever go SLI or what not.

I can't thing of anything else atm but a search on this case plus custom cooling should help spur some ideas.

Btw, that's some nice hardware you got there. What kind of screen will this all be going with?

I also noticed in your sig of a caselab's machine. Is this a secondary rig?

This is for someone else. I think he has a 15" CRT. :rofl: 4K monitor at least. Yeah, about 3k on the board, CPU, GPU, M2 drive and memory alone. Add another 1500 for 6TB WD Black, Mushkin SSD, PSU, case, water cooling parts.

I really wanted to use the shroud, but you may be right, an EK 140 DDC on top of the bottom 140, run tube straight up and 90% angle to rad, use a 90 degree adapter on rad so I can run the tube straight in. May need a little 90 degree angle from pump, like this. I know my drawing stinks, but that's probably what the PETG tube will look like when I'm done with it.

DSCN0903.JPG

This bracket will be perfect for your build. http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-uni-pump-bracket-120mm-fan-vertical.html
Put the 120mm pump bracket on top of the 120mm fan at the bottom. That would be the best spot for your loop. and using PETG Hard line tubing will help with the tight bends. Make sure to use a least amount of fittings and connectors as possible. I have found that over my years in building custom water-cooled computers, is the more fittings and connectors and adapters, the more likely for a leak. Stay away from cheap fittings. and if the 45-degree or 90-degree fitting is a rotary, if its not tight and hard to twist, return. You wouldn't believe how many 90-degree Male-Female Rotary fitting would leak when the fitting isn't perfectly aligned, if you have any downward or upward pressure on the fitting the o-ring will not seal and will have a tiny leak. try to stick to Bitspower and EK.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-g-1-4-matte-black-rotary-90-degree-ig-1-4-adapter.html <---- GOOD FITTING
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alph...r-thread-to-g1-4-inner-thread-deep-black.html <----- BAD FITTING (LEAKS)

Here is a look at my system to give you some examples of hard line tubing.
001.JPG
014.JPG

Yeah, I went with uni fan mount and an EK 140 DDC res/pump.....the same that I use in my system and I have a huge Case Labs case. This isn't my first water-cooling rodeo....been doing it 12 years. It is my first adventure into hard line. I always use all EK parts except usually use XSPC rads. This will be the first EK rad.... CE420. I hate Bitspower. It's not that I hate their fittings, I hate that ugly logo they have to put on them. It ruins the look.

This will work...barely. I should have gone with the 100, but I can screw the top on and off, so I can fill it easily. I still need to flip the PSU over and flip the EK anti-cyclone around. This is the only way I can use the bracket. If I flip it around, it totally blocks the inlet port. Just waiting on the EK fittings. OK, I went with Monsoon at first, but I changed to EK because I know they are good. 9.00 each for fittings. I only need 8. but I got 10. I'm going to have to use some 90 adapters. One on the pump outlet for sure and one each on the rad so I don't kill another bay. Hopefully I'll have it done this weekend. No way to use a D5 in this setup. Also need to use a molex to SATA adapter so I don't need molex cables just for the pump.

DSCN0912.JPG
DSCN0913.JPG

Back