• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where and what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I blew an electronic component on my Cisco switch. The markings appear to read:
F D51AD (or D51AB)
1587AM

IMG_20180120_112827.jpg

Just as important, where can I find one?

Can I measure the output if the unit is gone, as in it blew apart as an unscheduled, violent, rapid deconstruction?

Can I measure the output if the unit is gone, as in it blew apart as an unscheduled, violent, rapid deconstruction?
I'm wondering the same, is there any other of the same component on the board you can measure? That's if the board is powering up.

Sure. I only checked the normal suppliers.

If you don't want to mess around fixing it, I have a couple of Linksys 5 port and a Linksys 16 port you can have for shipping cost.

Thanks but I'm partial to my Cisco PoE switch for playing around. Besides, I've already recapped the damn thing and installed new fans that I have yet to use....

Thanks but I'm partial to my Cisco PoE switch for playing around. Besides, I've already recapped the damn thing and installed new fans that I have yet to use....
If that part is for the fan controller you could always just buy an external one to avoid the hassle of locating an obsolete part and soldering it on.

Just to update. I did buy the arts from Alibaba. I had to order a minimum of 5 but I'm glad that I did. I used the heat gun on my rework station to remove and install the replacement. It went fast and easy and even looks like someone who knew what they were doing did it. I powered it back on and smoke again. I redid my fans and installed a second replacement and all is well. It's been running for a few months now without issue.

You guys are the best. Thanks for the help.

Back