• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy a 2 X 120mm fan shroud for a Fedco 2-342 single pass heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
The title pretty much says it, I am looking for a business or an individual who makes and sells shrouds, that fit 2 120mm fans, for the Fedco 2-342 single-pass heatercore.

Would two Chevette heatercore shrouds do the trick? Or would I need a special design, made specifically for the Fedco 2-342?

Thanks in advance :)

I would like to know too... seems like the HC/Shroud expert here is Weapon, he can probably make that stuff out of banana peels... I spent all night trying to cut plexi to make a shroud for mine and I cant seem to cut/crack small pieces of plexi...

Weapon says a 342 shroud is in the works. He talked about it in his 302 shroud post in the classifieds. So keep an eye on that thread, or PM him.

You could always make your own. ;)

i been looking for shrouds for this heatercore for a longtime.... been waiting forever for weapon to finish this shroud.. keep us posted on any information!!

pwnt by pat is going to make me some Fiberglass shrouds for one of these radiators. So I have found someone who can make them.

I'm not sure if he is ready to produce reams upon reams of shrouds however, although I'm sure that he would be open to discussion about mixing some up, if you folks PM him :)

testing phase pic attached. :)

the 342 in the pic is beat up a little as I moved it around a lot for testing. sorry for the pic quality -- so much for using a flash upon a metallic silver + metal flake finished shroud. way too much flash back for the Nikon to like it.

Attachments

• 342shdrzd.jpg
    342shdrzd.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 551
weapon how much is one shroud for dual 120mm heatercore(the 2-pass one) shipped to Canada?

Also how much for a shroud and core combo shipped?

looking great weapon!! i pretty much figured you had something up your sleeve for the 342... any idea abouts how long untill those shrouds will be available???

Philup_Bowls said:
looking great weapon!! i pretty much figured you had something up your sleeve for the 342... any idea abouts how long untill those shrouds will be available???

In stealth black, less than a week. :)

edit -

stealth black - by tuesday provided that tracking info is correct. :)

Last edited:
great news weapon!! as i cant wait to get my hands on a couple of those shrouds... keep up the good work as you are the man!!!

Philup_Bowls said:
great news weapon!! as i cant wait to get my hands on a couple of those shrouds... keep up the good work as you are the man!!!

same one works on the 2-199 (a.k.a. danger den dual 120 core)....dual-purpose dual-120 shroud. :)

Attachments

• maxxxr1.jpg
    maxxxr1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 470
weapon said:
same one works on the 2-199 (a.k.a. danger den dual 120 core)....dual-purpose dual-120 shroud. :)

Weapon - I'm a little confused. Is that black shroud the one you make/sell, or is that the DD one? Also, I have a bonneville 77 HC. Is that what is pictured there under the black shroud?

I basically need 2 shrouds that fit the bonneville 77 HC as I want to put 4 Sanyo Denki fans on it attached to a rheobus (Nexus 201 I believe). It is going to be shoved in the front of a CM Stacker case. What shrouds do I need? I have been looking for a while now!

PS: I don't have enough post count to see the classifieds here yet.

sPaNk

sPaNk said:
Weapon - I'm a little confused. Is that black shroud the one you make/sell, or is that the DD one? Also, I have a bonneville 77 HC. Is that what is pictured there under the black shroud?

I basically need 2 shrouds that fit the bonneville 77 HC as I want to put 4 Sanyo Denki fans on it attached to a rheobus (Nexus 201 I believe). It is going to be shoved in the front of a CM Stacker case. What shrouds do I need? I have been looking for a while now!

PS: I don't have enough post count to see the classifieds here yet.

sPaNk

the first one I posted a pic of above is a 2-342 with one of my shrouds.
the second one is a 2-199 (same as the danger den dual 120 core - '77 bonneville without ac) with one of my shrouds.
the following is a pic of a 302 ('77 b'ville with ac) with one of the 302 shrouds
stealthblk.jpg

for the b'ville cores, with air conditioning or without air conditioning makes a big difference as they are 2 different core models (302 v. 199) and the dimensions are considerably different. If the finned core section on your '77 b'ville heater core is around 10.75" lengthwise then it is a 302. If the core is right at 9.5" and it is for a 77 b'ville then it is a 199.

Last edited:
weapon said:
the first one I posted a pic of above is a 2-342 with one of my shrouds.
the second one is a 2-199 (same as the danger den dual 120 core - '77 bonneville without ac) with one of my shrouds.
the following is a pic of a 302 ('77 b'ville with ac) with one of the 302 shrouds
stealthblk.jpg

for the b'ville cores, with air conditioning or without air conditioning makes a big difference as they are 2 different core models (302 v. 199) and the dimensions are considerably different. If the finned core section on your '77 b'ville heater core is around 10.75" lengthwise then it is a 302. If the core is right at 9.5" and it is for a 77 b'ville then it is a 199.

Great! I'll measure mine when I get home.

BTW, I bought this rad from 2Fresh -> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=761000&page=1&highlight=2fresh

sPaNk

Back