• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is a good spot to get CODEC packs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

Hey guys,
I have some things I watch that require special CODECs. I am usually up to date but lately I have been having trouble finding the latest CODECs that work with everything.
My main problem is that when I install some CODECs, I can't watch the older, normal files like stuff on most sites. But then if I don't have those special CODEC packs installed, I can't watch more complicated stuff. (but I can watch the older movies?)

What I am looking for is a CODEC pack that I don't have to keep installing and Un-Intalling to watch different forms of Media. The current Codec pack I am using is called "Theoretica" which is the only CODECs I have seen so far that will play certain files. (I like to watch actual Japanese TV shows because I am taking it in school again next semester.) However, if I have that CODEC pack installed, I cannot view simple older video clips, just the new complicated ones.

Where do you guys reccommend I get CODEC packs from?

Nemo (not updating anymore)
TheCodecs

I usually drop Nemo on my box, then update FFDShow and XViD. Nemo basically just catches any weird codecs that I might run across. I also use Quicktime Alternative and RealPlayer Alternative, which dicecca112's link has links to. For playing media, I use Media Player Classic.. best media player evar.

Back