• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is the 890GX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a project in the works and I am impatient!!!! I might get pi**ed and go BLUE!!!! UHHHH???? Did I say that:screwy:

Thanks one of those companies is dirt but the other two check out!

f.JPG

I will see what I can do. I wish they had them on the EGG or FLY though.

hey if you get one let know which one you get i cant make up my mind between the gigabyte and the asus the asus has core unlocker, as for the gigabyte i have no clue if it does or not and for me with haveing the 720 x3 be it is almost a must for me. but let me know..

TBH I kind of wanted the MSI or biostar, not as solid as the Asus or giga but generally clock better.

GOT ONE

I would have rather had a BioStar but it was not in the cards:( I needed it now!!!!! Or I was going i3.

Gigabyte 890GX
890.JPG

Last edited:
hey the asus board is the only one that will allow core unlocking it is not possible to do it on any other 890 board!! i dont know if you wanted it or even cared but i think it is something that everyone should know!!

hey the asus board is the only one that will allow core unlocking it is not possible to do it on any other 890 board!! i dont know if you wanted it or even cared but i think it is something that everyone should know!!

That's correct.
Asus M4A89GTD PRO
# Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
# 2 x USB 3.0 ports
# 6 xSATA III 6.0 Gb/s
# Crossfire X (@dual x8 speed)
# 1 x PCIe 2.0 x4
# 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
# 2 x PCI
# 128MB DDR3 1333 side port memory support
# Hybrid CrossFireX support
# VIA 6308P controller supports 2 x 1394a port(s) (1 at mid-board; 1 at back panel)
# Core Unlocker
http://www.plaisio.gr/ProductImages/600x600/1467352_3.JPG

Honestly I don't care about core unlocking anyway. If I need 4 cores I buy 4. There is nothing wrong with buying a dual or trike and unlocking it but I have seen way too many members here and elsewhere (Seniors as well) buy them and if they don't unlock return them as defective. That is bad news any way you slice it.

I hope nobody starts to return MB's as defective because a CPU wont unlock!!!!

Back