• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WE ARE #8 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! WOOTS all around! You get a woot, you get a woot. Everyone gets a WOOT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Points have yet to settle but I replaced my bad 3080 and was then able to bring my 3060 back into the mix. Currently I am NOT CPU folding. I am only GPU folding. Since I'm playing video games on my main rig in the evenings, it may be a while before I get a true reading of my potential ppd.

Once I get a steady output, I'll bring CPU folding back in and see how it goes. I'll probably just go all out with CPU cores via F@H default configuration. Then I will free up full cores as @HayesK prescribed.

Nothing exciting but a worthy exercise I think.

OK. Not official but I just hit a 21 million point day with more to come. I mean.... WOW! I've never earned that much (that I can recall) and that looks like what I will earn daily without CPU folding. GPU only. All of the cards I'm folding with now I have folded with before. Meaning that while I did RMA a few cards, I have no new cards in the mix. 17, 18 or 19 million was the best I could do. I even cut out folding on my server which does NOT have a GPU to fold with. So those were all extra points with no GPU attached. I'm not even folding with that machine.

So:
1 x 3060
1 x 3080Ti
2 x 3080

The machine with the 3060 and 3080 also runs my games and I've been playing on the weekends and some week nights.

So I feel comfortable that no CPU folding is better than CPU/GPU folding.

OK. Not official but I just hit a 21 million point day with more to come. I mean.... WOW! I've never earned that much (that I can recall) and that looks like what I will earn daily without CPU folding. GPU only. All of the cards I'm folding with now I have folded with before. Meaning that while I did RMA a few cards, I have no new cards in the mix. 17, 18 or 19 million was the best I could do. I even cut out folding on my server which does NOT have a GPU to fold with. So those were all extra points with no GPU attached. I'm not even folding with that machine.

So:
1 x 3060
1 x 3080Ti
2 x 3080

The machine with the 3060 and 3080 also runs my games and I've been playing on the weekends and some week nights.

Go on with yer bad self :cheers:

So:
1 x 3060
1 x 3080Ti
2 x 3080

It resulted in you (briefly) rejoining my threat list over the weekend. I'd say it's working great! ;)

As best as I can remember, when GPU required 1 CPU core to fold with FahCore_18.exe (I think:)) then some time later I seem to recall someone said to set aside 2 CPU cores for each GPU. Don, try CPU folding with your GPU's but leave 2 CPU cores for each GPU, maybe even 4 CPU cores and see how that does, see post #2 in "I think that we are still #8 in the world. Let's see. Yep. We are. WOOT!", that screen shot is for a single GPU (RTX2080 Super) folding.

Back