• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy good thermal pads for graphics card component cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Hey, I was wondering where does one buy some good thermal pads for replacing the stock ones that go on graphics card memory and whatnot.

Thought I'd ask because I buy used video cards now and then, and usually take them apart to replace the thermal compound on the GPU and when I do this the thermal pads on the memory chips and whatever else are usually trashed and in need of replacement because they get ripped apart when I remove the heat sink and fan assembly from the PCB. Up to now I've had no way to replace these because I don't know where to buy good replacement thermal pads and I've just been reusing the stock white junk thermal pads that came on the cards originally.

I'm assuming that there are better aftermarket replacements out there that would help the components to be cooled better.

ED told you.