• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3080Ti FTW3 into the custom loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine is a Primochill Enhanced. I'll swap PWM headers for the pump to see if I can get the PWM working again.

System is plumbed, leak testing and doing the radiator dance now. I hooked the top fill plug to the fill port on the case to assist with the dance. Glad I did, never knew it would come in so handy.

For the record: Tygon is obsolete, or at least not as good as newer tubing. Get that fancy flexy stuff from Performance PCs or whatever. Way more flex than the classic R3603 or whatever the part number was.

If she fires up again and plays nice, I think this is going to work rather nicely. The flow rate from the pump is quite adequate, by the way.

Woomack, with just my thin 280mm radiator and the 1200rpm fans, my 9900KS will top out around 85-90C on Prime95, putting me 10-15C away from throttling on AVX loads, which is about 250W. I'm also running bare-die which helps a lot. Not sure how well it would work on something like a lidded 12900KS, though. Might be more challenging.

Attachments

• IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    899.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    715.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    897.6 KB · Views: 11
Very nicely done Rufus! I got my FC block yesterday Linky , and hopefully get the new alphacool rad tomorrow. Ran out of tubing last time I updated and forgot to get some. Gonna be a few days before I add the video card to my loop.

Mine is a Primochill Enhanced. I'll swap PWM headers for the pump to see if I can get the PWM working again.

System is plumbed, leak testing and doing the radiator dance now. I hooked the top fill plug to the fill port on the case to assist with the dance. Glad I did, never knew it would come in so handy.

For the record: Tygon is obsolete, or at least not as good as newer tubing. Get that fancy flexy stuff from Performance PCs or whatever. Way more flex than the classic R3603 or whatever the part number was.

If she fires up again and plays nice, I think this is going to work rather nicely. The flow rate from the pump is quite adequate, by the way.

Woomack, with just my thin 280mm radiator and the 1200rpm fans, my 9900KS will top out around 85-90C on Prime95, putting me 10-15C away from throttling on AVX loads, which is about 250W. I'm also running bare-die which helps a lot. Not sure how well it would work on something like a lidded 12900KS, though. Might be more challenging.

Oh, no pinkish coolant and no dust :thup:

I started to like black matte EK tubes. Flexible and look nice. Also, can't see stains inside, then it has to be clean ;)

280mm and 360mm rads are not much different. Both are for about 300W max at ~1200-1500rpm.
12900K at auto settings on a 360mm slim rad (like AIO) has about 95°C. Custom loops are a bit better but not much. On a single 360mm/60mm thick rad push/pull, temps are about 88-90°C max under load and the radiator in theory has twice the thermal capacity of a slim 360mm rad. Adding more rads in this case is not helping much. Setting fans much faster is helping more but I just can't stand the noise and for me, 1000rpm is the limit for longer work with multiple fans. With 1-2 fans, 1200rpm is fine. It's just how the noise is stacking.

I can say that 9900KS has about the same temps as 12900K. At least this is how I remember it when I had 9900K. A lot depends on motherboards and how they adjust voltages. On Z690 there is +/- 10°C between some motherboards at auto CPU settings.
As long as 12900K/KS looks great in tests then for me, 12600K is still a better option for daily work or gaming. Much cooler and I can't see the difference in games.
I just gave my last build (this one) to my brother and I play with the ITX PC. I will probably try to make one more custom wc and the new test rig when the new AMD will be released (no idea when but +/- 3 months I guess).

Rig is up and running. Got my fan speeds pretty well dialed.

House: 72F/22C

Running Heaven demo:
GPU: 55C
GPU power: 375W
GPU clocks on stock curve: 1950-1980MHz
CPU power: 60-100W
Water temp: 40C :D

I call this a win! I don't see a point to going full torture test with Furmark and Prime 95 simultaneously as it's not a real life load for me. I think I've got some OC headroom on the GPU with these temps.....

I agree, Woomack. If I were in the market for a new CPU, I'd get the 12600K also. Sure the 12900K/S is the top line monster, but I don't multithread enough to do it justice. I do have a penchant for special edition CPUs, though. I had a QX9650 which hummed at 4GHz on my IP35 Pro. Wish I didn't sell that chip now.... Wife has the 8086K but she won't let me switch it to water cooling to get it to 5.2GHz. Not sure if that would melt the Z390 ITX VRMs or not.

LED's are bright on this thing! Looks pretty good with orange in the right light. Some colors show off the coolant nicely but the contrast is a bit funky.

The cell phone camera makes it look weird. Much prettier with real eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    815.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4346.jpeg
    IMG_4346.jpeg
    776 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4341.jpeg
    IMG_4341.jpeg
    766.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    830.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4345.jpeg
    IMG_4345.jpeg
    835 KB · Views: 13
Blue-green usually looks good as green reacts in blue light. Even though it's not marked as UV then you see it looks like glowing.

Cell phone cameras have problems with light and a lot depends on angles and ambient light. I have the same problems when there is no white light in the background.

Back