• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to go from here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you very much:)

I don't think I'm desperate enough to swap over to the dark side to get higher clocks :)

Ill just wait for AMD to produce another monster before I upgrade again:)

You're welcome. I think you are wise in resisting the temptation to just push things to the limit. That insatiable quest for one more .1 ghz of speed has cost a lot of guys dearly.

I think I can deal with the temps being so low:) still not getting over 45 with prime and superpi running together:) I think I can call it stable haha.

Are there any rumors floating around of the next AMD beast?

Edit.

4.1ghz @1.45v and cpu nb at 2800mhz @1.325v stable for 90mins prime95 @42 degrees.

Could I off burnt my cpu temp sensor out it seems to be lower using a higher clock but slightly less voltage?

Thank you:)

It's a shame heat isn't the limiter on this one. If I push it any further I fear ill be pulling pieces of mobo or cpu/waterblock from my face/office wall:(

Increasing voltage drives up temps faster than increasing frequency, by far.

Makes sense. But I can't really push the volts anymore. Well unless I go buy another chip just to see what this one is truly capable off.
Decisions haha.

Again thank you for everything trents:) you helped me knock 4 mins from my superpi time:)

Back