• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where's my 4-pin connector?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajansyh

Registered
I just got a new graphics card and with it I needed a new power supply, so I bought a Rosewill Hive 650 modular PSU and I hooked up everything but the seperate (not 20x"4"), but the seperate 4 pin motherboard power cable. I can't find it anywhere. The only cables I haven't used yet are 2 PCI-E cables and 2 SATA cables. How am I supposed to power my motherboard with this? I've seen some cases where somebody got an 8 pin when they needed a 4 pin or vice versa, but I got neither! Am I overlooking something? I really want my computer back :(

According to the pictures on Newegg, it is a non-modular 8-pin connector. Can you post pictures? Missing that would be one heck of an oversight.

You can plug the 8 pin into the 4 pin if there's enough space off to the side. The latch is in the same direction (but offset) and you shouldn't have to push very hard to get it in.

Just looked at the newegg picture. Coming directly from the inside of the power supply all I have is the 24 pin. There's no 8 pin at all. Other than that I have seperate cables, PCI-E, SATA, Molex etc but no 8 pin. I can post pictures if you'd like but I can assure you that's the case. Is this some kind of defect or something? There's no wire mesh around the cables either like there is in the picture

I'd check with the manual it came with to verify that you don't have a variant. If it shows that it is supposed to have one, I'd suggest contacting the company to get a replacement or ask them what is going on.

There's no 8 pin at all. Other than that I have seperate cables, PCI-E, SATA, Molex etc but no 8 pin. There's no wire mesh around the cables either like there is in the picture
That answers the question, "how strict is the factory testing for Rosewill products?"

Make Newegg pay for return shipping.

Here's the exact one I bought:

And yeah I agree it's crazy. How does something like this even happen lol. I'm just disappointed that I gotta wait on another one now

Fixed:
1x 20+4-Pin Main Connector
1x 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V Connector

Modular :
2x 6+2-Pin PCI-E Connector
8x 5-Pin SATA Connector
4x 4-Pin Peripheral Connector
2x 4-Pin Floppy Connector

Back