• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 990 series boards have clear/cmos in I/O?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artas1984

CLEAR/CMOS is an important thing to have, and if located in the back shield, that would be very useful.

Its becoming a lot more common. I know the MSI 990FXA-GD80 and the Asus Crosshair V have it for sure. Just look up the pics on newegg, there is usually a picture of the IO area.

No, it doesn't. I just ordered one of those babies from newegg, cant wait for it to get here, but it only has a clear cmos button on the motherboard, not in the IO area.

No, it doesn't. I just ordered one of those babies from newegg, cant wait for it to get here, but it only has a clear cmos button on the motherboard, not in the IO area.

That's just nitpicky IMO. As long as the button's there, it can be on the ceiling as far as I'm concerned. :shrug:
PLZ review that 990FXAUD7 after tinkering with it as I am considering it as a place for my future 8130P to live.

Likewise. I will def post up my findings. I have been doing a lot of research on this board and it does have a few flukes, but I hope to work around them until they are fixed.

I dont care where the button is either, was just pointing it out for the OP sake.

Pick whatever motherboard you want and will suit your needs. It's not difficult to rig up a switch to clear the CMOS from outside the case... I was doing this over 10 years ago... you just need a switch from Radio Shack or another electronics store and some wire...

ASRock > Products > 970 Extreme4

970%20Extreme4(m).jpg

I have heard of the new feature to clear the cmos by hitting a keyboard button while the PC is switched off, but while power is connected to the power supply..

Anybody on this?

There are at least a couple CMOS switches for expansion slots/ I use a salvaged switch in one case , I forget if its power or reset, plugged into the CMOS. and keep a spare.
Silverstone makes an expansion slot one..
Spend $10 and get the board you like.

im really interested in ur new mobo....hokie
as i really think i have to have one too lol
my 3 is nice but the 5 has sooo much more

I have a Crosshair V Formula with one. Fine board, doing well in testing so far. :thup:

My friend just got one.

I really need to overclock his AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T like mad through the BIOS.
Can you help me out? I can not find good reviews about this motherboard that would include heavy voltage based OC through BIOS - all i find is unboxing videos or slight overclocking through some BS utilities videos...

Start a new thread & PM me the link. I'm only on sporadically at the present time but should be more active after the weekend. I'll try to get on in the mean time though. Don't want to hijack this thread but I (and others) will be happy to help out. In the thread, post what he's going for....when you say like mad do you mean sub-zero, or just max on ambient cooling?

Back