• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which background do you like better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have started fooling with blender and making things and would like your opinion on which sky background looks better for this render?
My bee picked out the colors of the objects and I the backgrounds.
this will be rendered at 2560X1440 and 5000 samples and extend for 500 frames so it will take a week or two to complete but no worries, I'll just delete the whole thing and do it again.....

untitled.jpg

2untitled.jpg

that's the one I like better also.
making this one is about learning motion and movement, the ball bounces into the device, it does stuff, spits 2 balls out and as the second ball exits, it extrudes out a second device.
the pieces move about the scene till the devices catch the balls and do stuff, in unison and spit the 2 balls out, a third ball is produced and a third device is extruded and all the bits return to the starting point and rejoin back to 1 ball and one device.
making all that look smooth is really hard to do and I have already decided to change my light setup, , I have a light plane that reflects in the pieces and you can see it's square, not round like the sun, so I have changed that.
time to set the Plant Vogtel Emulator to work, I'll see how I did in a week or so!!!!!!!!

here is another frame that shows the square reflection on the paddle, wingy thingy I have to correct, you can see the sun lamp in the middle of the square reflection.

Attachments

• 0051.jpg
    0051.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 37
#1...

Its funny though, since the horizon isn't level I get a weird feeling in my stomach like I am on a boat. :p

the issue I have with #1 is the cloud shadows on the water to the right side, they just don't match.
#2 background is simply the same background picture raised some to the shadows match a little better.
and I'll rotate the camera a little to level the horizon line.

I'm going to leave it alone.
it would effect the camera tracking and path as it moves around the scene.

in 1440p it's shadow......... booo, hooo.

the ocean is just a picture i downloaded from the nets and imported as a plane so I can move it around in the next version and the sky is the same thing so I can scale them up and down and use other areas of the same picture.
earthdog was right, the sea is actually a picture from a boat, you can see the gunalls in the picture, I just scaled it up so I can use this part of the ocean and none of the boat is in the frame.
on my desktop i see the boat and everything, in the sky background there is a hot bikini babe.

Last edited:
Back