• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Fortron.....They look to good:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 550 is good, not sure how it compares to the 530... I would believe the 530 is just as good. Keep in mind that the 550 is EPS12V. Which means that the connector is 24 pin and not 20.

And the 550 is also out of stock.

The AX500-A is a native 24pin ATX2.0 unit and comes with a 20pin adaptor.

Just get the blue storm from electroseller.com.

EWBatOVAclockin said:
DOH :bang head

So should I wait untill the blue storm comes back in stock or just get the 530?

PEACE

Psst... look in the Sparkle listings at Newegg too ;)

I'd suggest either of the 550's - go with the PLG model if you plan on SLI. These are server units - they'll blow the 530w out of the water. At any rate, pass on the 530w... it's very good, but outdated now.

Edit - just noticed you're going for the AX500 - excellent choice :)

TimoneX...... I love you man :clap::clap:!! I was gonna buy the BlueStorm too but newegg is OOS and I couldn't find another place (that I trust) with a decent price until you posted that link. Just placed my order 5 min ago with 'em. This is the last piece I needed for my new setup :D. Thanks for helping me out unintentionally :beer:.

Not a problem bro. It was either electroseller or eWiz and I think eWiz is out too. These things sell quickly methinks.

Edit: ...and I'm married so don't get ne ideas! :D

You'll need a 20-24 pin adaptor. Just curious - what happened to buying the Blue Storm AX500? Or is this for a different build?

Damn......was afraid of that. Yes BTW this is another build for a family member and totally overlooked that. Would a local fry's or CompUSA have those adapters and for how much?

PEACE

Most mobo manufacturers recommend you not run those adaptors long term.

Ok, well she really won't be putting the system to full use 24/7. Probably the hardest thing she does is leave the computer on 24/7 and use's photoshop alot. So she's not drawing that much power from everything. So a local fry's or CompUSA should have those adapters right???

PEACE

Back