• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mid range board should I get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude, u picked the wrong ASUS board!

M4A79XT Hands Down! Got mine for $102 shipped, running 3.7 x4 955 and 2400mhz CPU/NB. Also, check out the kingwin xt1264 at fry's its only 12.99 after rebate right now. Perfect setup, aka best bang for buck right now on the market

You could just go high range for not much more. I got an open-box m4a79t-deluxe from Newegg for $136 IIRC but they're down to $127 now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...R&cm_re=m4a79t_deluxe-_-13-131-363R-_-Product

It was just a bare mobo but that's all you really need. Yes it is overkill but hey....nothing wrong with 4x PCI-E slots.

Yes, true... But that motherboard is a generation older than the newest boards they just put out last month. (The Evo series) These new ones support ddr1600 officially (NO OC, no tweaking in bios) and they go up to ddr-1800+ OC

Factor that in, and I feel the newer Evo line is better...And I still think 4x pcie is overkill. IMO

Well the GD70 is only 15 bucks more ($165) than your budget. Its not that much considering its the backbone of your system.

I see the DFI board is on sale for $140... DFI LP DK 790FXB-M3H5.

Anybody seen anything on this board? DFI has put out some solid boards in the past.

What kind of discount do you get working at microcenter man? I was thinkin of doing part time work over the holidays for the discounts.

Back