• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of the two thermal pastes / why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

Not looking to make a huge thread, but both kinda look promising.

First off this is for my new server, home theater, pc, etc.

Since I have the new AMD (A10-6800K) CPU I may overclock a little as fyi

But my Enermax ETS-T40 came with its own enermax CPU thermal paste (Here is the link.

Otherwise I have my ol' reliable tube of the (Arctic Silver Alumina Ceramic Paste).

So I was just wondering on opinions, I myself am thinking the artic silver but would like others quick opinions.

I think AS Alumina was the lowest performing AS product.

Even AS5, from what ive been reading and seeing, is not top dog anymore neither.

Ive been thinking about getting Prolimatech pk1...pk2 and pk3 never seemed to outperform pk1. It even out-performs mx-2/4. So im between that and a Tuniq product

Forgot I posted this, but glad to see some replies as I will buy those and test in the future. I have not had a problem with the Alumina and simply used it for now. And thanks for the artical, I will give it a check out when I finish the other 50 tabs I have open..

The Dow-Corning thermal paste that comes with the Enermax cooler is a very high-quality compound backed by real, verifiable technical data and made by a leading multinational global silicones supplier with 6 billion dollars in annual revenue. In other words, their 1 year of sales is equal probably 500 arctic silver Inc's net worth.
Trust me, they know how to make some thermal paste. Just stick with it.

Back