• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these a good TIM these days???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MongGrel

Just got my new to me L5639 in, and waiting for my RAM to arrive, out of these what seems best Thermal Paste as I have tubes of them laying about.

MX-2
MX-3
Arctic Silver 5
Thermalright CF-2
OCZ Ultra 5+

Hadn't redone things in awhile, so thought I'd ask for a few opinions.

I'll have to look around myself a bit, but many in here rebuild things much more than I.

MX-2 has been my usual weapon of choice.

:salute:

Probably shouldn't have asked as many charts out there, but some personal opinions would be nice anyway :)

my personal favorite thermal paste is prolimatech pk 3

i find it is superior to a lot of other thermal pastes out there

its non electrically conductive and has no cure time and is a very good paste

Hard to argue against AS5. It's pretty much the standard by which any "better" paste is measured. That being said, I've heard very good things about the MX-2 stuff, as well.

Yeah the pk 3 looks very good from cruising around here a bit myself, but not ordering another thing.

But looks the MX-2 I've been using a long time really about almost as good as anything current really.

AS-5 is a bit old these days I think, just thought I'd through it up there.

Still works I guess.

*edit* yeah the MX-2 is non-conductive too, another reason I'd always used it.

+1 for MX-2. AS5, while fine, is a bit long in the tooth these days as there are many that are better.

Back