• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these GFX to buy???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoNgOkO

Hello!!!

Sorry i know that this topic has been up a couple of times, but i dont want to make a mistaque in buying a GFX card.

I decided to buy a new GFX card with my hard earned money that i got during the work in my sommer holidays. Since the prices here are much higher i wont be able to buy a high class vid card. So these are my options.

ATI CHIP

ATI RADEON 8500LE 64MB OEM 155$
ATI RADEON 9000 64MB OEM 117$
ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 64MB OEM 144$

INNOVISION

INNO GF3 Ti200 64MB DDR TVOUT 129$
INNO RADEON8500LE 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT/SH 133$

Will all these vid cards work on my PC the specs of it are in the sig. Will i be able to run all the newest games with these vid cards and will i bea ble to run the games that will come like DoomIII?? OR IS IT BETTER IF I SPENT 188$ AND BUY AN INNO GF4 Ti4200 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT. I will use the GFX card mostlly for running games

One more question what are these things DVI / TVOUT/ ViVo / SH / Dualhead

cards

Go for the GF3 ti 200 or 8500LE and start saving for the next gfx upgrade about a year from now. They will play doom3, etc, with decent framrates.

DVI- a connection to plug an LCD monitor's digital connection into. Most LCD's use analog CRT connectors though. Plain stupid IMO. There are DVI to CRT convertors which allow you to run dual CRT monitors by using the DVI.

TV-out- S-video out which can send the video signal to a TV or VCR with the proper connection or by using adapters. Most TV's have low refresh rates and resolutions.

VIVO- Video In, Video Out. Allows you to interface with many other devices for video editing. This is how you can get vhs tapes and digital video into computer formats I believe. Prehaps vice versa as well. I've never owned a VIVO card so I can't be sure about the details.

SH- Single head. No dual monitors.

Dual Head- Supports running video signals to 2 monitors simultaneously, aka dual monitors.

HEY, good news my father will borrow me some money so that i can buy the INNO GF4 Ti4200 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT for 188$, but is the card worth 50$ more than the R8500LE. Will the card ( GeForce ) last longer than the R8500LE before i will need to upgrade ???

THANX

I would think that the Geforce 4 Ti4200 would be a wise choice, although Inno3d isn't exactly high in terms of overclockability. It would probably lost longer than the ATI Radeon 8500.

Are any 128 MB cards available in your area? I'm mainly talking about 128 MB Ti4200. By the way, what area do you live in? Perhaps someone else is in that area. Just a thought.

-PC

Hmmm so now i am decideing beetween

INNO RADEON8500LE 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT/SH 133$
INNO GF4 Ti4200 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT 188$

Can any1 help me to decide which card to get???

Thanx

Up to you- why don't you read some reviews. Overall, Ithink the Geforce is a 5 to 10% better performer with no options on either card.

With FSAA- teh Geforce rocks, and the R8500 performance plunges.

With AF- the R8500 shines, and the Ti4200 performance plunges.

For two cards so similair, I don't think that 50 bones is worth it for the slighlty better Ti4200. But that's just my opinion.

Neither card will last longer than the other, so it's all about performance.

After having a raddy, I can't live w/out AF, so I might be a little biased:)

Hey its me again. They sold out all the INNO RADEON8500LE 64MB DDR DVI/TVOUT/SH. But i found a new card ATI Radeon 8500LE 128MB DDR dvi+vga tv-out, OEM for 135$ . Should i wait 1 week for the Inno3d version or should i buy the ATI version??

Thanx

Hey i called the PC shop where they are selling the Radeon 8500LE 128MB DDR dvi+vga tv-out OEM and the saler said the card is clocked 250GPU/2?? he did not know the clock of the mem, but he sayd that the mem is clocked a bit higher than the GPU. Is that OK or is it to low. Couse if i decide to buy that card i will have to wait 2-3 weeks:cry: :cry: these shops suck big time:mad:
How much better is the 8500L ( built by ATI ) 128 f u compare it to the Inno3D 8500Le retail. Is the ATI version more overclockable than the Inno???

djb23 said:
FSAA? AF?

FSAA = full screen anti-aliasing. Removes the "jaggies", so to speak.

AF = anistropic filtering. Removes the blurring of distant objects.

SoNgOkO said:
Hey i called the PC shop where they are selling the Radeon 8500LE 128MB DDR dvi+vga tv-out OEM and the saler said the card is clocked 250GPU/2?? he did not know the clock of the mem, but he sayd that the mem is clocked a bit higher than the GPU. Is that OK or is it to low. Couse if i decide to buy that card i will have to wait 2-3 weeks:cry: :cry: these shops suck big time:mad:
How much better is the 8500L ( built by ATI ) 128 f u compare it to the Inno3D 8500Le retail. Is the ATI version more overclockable than the Inno???

250/250+ is resasonable for an Ati Radeon 8500LE.

You can't really judge the overclockabilty of one card of that comapny, as sometimes you get a lucky card and other times you get a bummer. The video card companies' main goal is to make sure it is safe at the speed it's supposed to be at. People like Gainward go to the extra mile and appeal to overclockers because they offer cards that have potential ovreclocknig ability.

That said... I think that the ATI Retail would have a better chance of overclocking than the Inno3d, as I haven't heard any postive about Inno3d concerning overclocking. But the Inno3d might have faster ram, who knows?

-PC

You just never know when it comes to overclocking. Ithink an ATIR8500 at 250/250 or 250/275 is an exclellent choice, with 128 MB of RAM

Some peole have even gotten their OEM's stock at 230/230, and have no trouble in overclockign to 300/300. You just never know.

I think you lucked out by the 64 MB being out of stock- Grab that 128 MBR8500 before they run out:) Sweet price, too:)

Hey i am out of luck. The ATI 8500Le 128 Mb is from Sapphire and it has 4ns vid mem. and a feww people sayd that i should avoid that card. Any more oppinions?

But i found another card.

HERCULES 3D prophet 8500 FDX LE 64Mb. What do u think about this card. What are it OC abilities???

Thanx

Well, I have almost the exact same specs as your computer and I can say that the GF4 Ti4200 is a nice compliment to add to just about any system. I personally hate ATI due to a 3-year period in the 90's that they didn't update some of thier drivers that really needed it badly. So i guess you could say I have a biased opinion when it comes to the classic ATi versus Nvidia arguements. However, with that said, I think you should spend the extra $50 for the ti4200. Works fine (for me at least) with all current games, and should run DoomIII great as well (though hard to speculate on that).

Back