• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acce55

Registered
Hi, pretty new to the forums and OC in general. Apologies in advance for any noobiness.

I see plenty of comments about lots of the more exotic mobos. But is there a general consensus on a reasonably priced one?

I am pretty much only interestred in OC and WC, games and GPU are of lesser importance.

I am running a Gigabyte GAZ97P-D3 on my primary rig and I've managed 4.9 with my 4690k. Wouldn't mind getting a few extra boards to accommodate the extra CPUs I seem to be accumulating.

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced solution beartingg in mind the factors above?

Cheers

If you're focusing on OC then the OC Formula is the way to go.

Not quite the bargain i was looking for especially in Europe (UK), but having just read the review I get it. Can't get anywhere close to that price though here...nowhere near.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks though, much appreciated.

For any ambient cooled overclocking, just about any Z97 board will be fine honestly. Does the ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 fit in your budget?

:rofl:

Yeah... F(orget) that board (Z97m OCF)... I'm about to sell it and see what that 3258 can really do (but seeing as how I was already at 1.8v, not much more... maybe I would hit 6Ghz).

Yeah, just had to agree to wait for it for about 2 weeks, but that doesn't matter as i have plenty of projects going on.... Very Happy.

Back