• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Service Pack do you have installed for XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What XP Service Pack do you have installed?

• None

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Service Pack 1

Votes: 134 28.9%
  • Service Pack 2

Votes: 309 66.6%
  • I scoff at Windows.

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters
SP2 for me even though i don't like ti very much.

I kindof sad that Microsoft produces an OS, and then turns around and spends a bunch of time & bandwidth on a patch that just disables a bunch of it.

It's like buying a sports car that has a 60 mph speed limiter because any speed above that is considered a "safety risk"

~ Gos

SP2 here.

At first, it didn't like windowblinds. Then I decided I didn't like windowblinds. Now everyone's happy ^^

At school I installed SP2 on countless machines. A few bizarre problems came about (mobile intel chips suddenly reporting and running at ~500 MHz speeds -- fixed with a driver rollback) but overall I think SP2 is a wise download.

I have SP2 installed only because almost everything now requires it, though I refused to update when it first came out because of all of the bugs.

SP1 on gaming rig...dualboot gentoo and SP2 (for security) on breifcase carputer, because its always going on to other networks (it has a wireless card), and the only reason those two computers are running windows is becasue 1) games are made for windows and 2) its not bad OS for an MP3/media player...my other computers arent runnign windows tho...laptop is mac (which i didnt think i would like...but it is actualy alot better than windows for just about everything. a second mouse button would make life alot easier tho lol) and gentoo on server... i <3 command line!!

i find that SP2 is great after you spend the same amount of time as a kernel compile disabling all the useless crap that drives you INSANE...popup windows non stop.
im done.

peace.

Back